Poll

Do you think Kahwi Leonard comes to Boston?

Yes
14 (15.9%)
No
74 (84.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: June 29, 2018, 11:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)  (Read 120351 times)

Re: Kawhi to Siberia
« Reply #1065 on: July 18, 2018, 05:04:54 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
TOR is a pretty nice town folks, if you never have been there it is very nice.

« Reply #1066 on: July 18, 2018, 05:09:54 PM »

Offline MasterEmile

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 46
I love how cold blooded pop was.
You want to go home? I'm deporting you.

« Reply #1067 on: July 18, 2018, 05:12:12 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Boston is farther away from San Antonio than Toronto, and just as cold.  In basketball terms, the only thing that mattered was that the trading team was in the EC.

No way. Toronto is definitely colder.

Also, probably merge topics?
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #1068 on: July 18, 2018, 05:12:24 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

It's nice a few months a year. I guess it's a plus that NBA players get to fly South for a lot of November-March.

« Reply #1069 on: July 18, 2018, 05:13:24 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
Spurs got a great return for a guy on an expiring contract who sat out more than a year and made it clear he not only wants out, but want to go to LA.

Derozan, Poeltl, and a protected 1st is an awesome return.

Have to agree they got a lot back considering their limited leverage.

« Reply #1070 on: July 18, 2018, 05:14:46 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

It's nice a few months a year. I guess it's a plus that NBA players get to fly South for a lot of November-March.

I’d move to Toronto in a heartbeat if my wife and I could find jobs there.

« Reply #1071 on: July 18, 2018, 05:15:30 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas

Don't do it! DC needs you!!

« Reply #1072 on: July 18, 2018, 05:20:03 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Imagine the Spurs sending him to a cold out of the country Eastern team and that has higher taxes.Gotta love the destination as far from California as you can get.New coach and a dismembered team.He can't sit out or he loses free agent status.
DeRozan made sure he doesn't trust management.
For a quiet guy, he is in the center of a toxic situation and risks the hatred of Raptors fans and the constant media attention-not the good kind.
Pops has got to be in hysterics.
The higher Canadian tax situation is the cherry on top.
Yeah that is just beautiful

« Reply #1073 on: July 18, 2018, 05:20:25 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

It’s too hot here!

« Reply #1074 on: July 18, 2018, 05:31:02 PM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
\

Yeah, it is indeed really nice. Reminds me of a massive version of Portland, ME. Great food, cute girls, lots of money, very low crime, generally nice people. Visually appealing. And a forgiving media.

Also, I haven't heard this mentioned, but the exchange rate is VERY favorable right now. Kawhi is getting paid in American money, and that will go a long way up there. That should help offset the taxes should he choose to stay.

Don't be shocked if he has a change of heart after spending some time there and wants to stay.

« Reply #1075 on: July 18, 2018, 05:34:05 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
yes indeed. it is one of the nicer cities in north america. i urge you all to run up there now and see for yourselves.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #1076 on: July 18, 2018, 05:50:40 PM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
\

Yeah, it is indeed really nice. Reminds me of a massive version of Portland, ME. Great food, cute girls, lots of money, very low crime, generally nice people. Visually appealing. And a forgiving media.

Also, I haven't heard this mentioned, but the exchange rate is VERY favorable right now. Kawhi is getting paid in American money, and that will go a long way up there. That should help offset the taxes should he choose to stay.

Don't be shocked if he has a change of heart after spending some time there and wants to stay.

I actually see it as a much more polite, smaller version of NYC. Toronto is way bigger than Boston.

It's a great city.

« Reply #1077 on: July 18, 2018, 07:10:26 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Imagine the Spurs sending him to a cold out of the country Eastern team and that has higher taxes.Gotta love the destination as far from California as you can get.New coach and a dismembered team.He can't sit out or he loses free agent status.
DeRozan made sure he doesn't trust management.
For a quiet guy, he is in the center of a toxic situation and risks the hatred of Raptors fans and the constant media attention-not the good kind.
Pops has got to be in hysterics.
The higher Canadian tax situation is the cherry on top.

Power move by the Spurs and Pop.  "Oh you want to play in sunny Los Angeles?... Oh you're going to hold out for two years if we don't trade you there?   Enjoy Canada."

« Reply #1078 on: July 19, 2018, 01:37:19 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

It’s too hot here!

Last great mind who made such a move was Descartes to Sweden and we all know how this ended. Just don't it salty.

« Reply #1079 on: July 19, 2018, 01:40:13 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
\

I actually see it as a much more polite, smaller version of NYC. Toronto is way bigger than Boston.

It's a great city.

I've toured Boston and Toronto (and parts of the east coast during my trip being a Californian). Very nice cities. Toronto's tax seemed high though. The weather and environments are much more qualitative than SoCal. We need rain here.

Being a Boston fan though, I'd rather deal with Toronto/Raptors fans than those pests walking around in their yellow-purple jerseys with either the #24, #8, or the-now #23 imprinted on their backs. Suddenly a lot of LeBron fans in LA lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)