Author Topic: Ovation for Wade is ridiculous  (Read 3812 times)

Re: Ovation for Wade is ridiculous
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2019, 01:45:25 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Triboy,

Wade will go down as one of the greatest 2 guards in the game.

Boston fans known for their appreciation of greatness. Aren’t you exaggerating the impact of a few hard fouls in competitive battle over the years?

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2019, 01:50:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Triboy,

Boston fans known for their appreciation of greatness. Aren’t you exaggerating the impact of a few hard fouls in competitive battle over the years?

Hard fouls? Ok i guess you forgot

https://youtu.be/HjucAs1aWPA

Rondo calls him dirty
https://youtu.be/RFQamund2cE

Wade even tried to declare he is not dirty.... he has that rep

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2019, 02:03:37 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Just a real jerk -  at least on the court. While he was admittedly good. I'm fine with not seeing him ever play again.  Plus he's been collecting a paycheck the past couple of seasons.

If I had been at the game I'd have been booing.

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2019, 02:38:23 PM »

Offline otherdave

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 123
  • takes.....MAKES!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he4OY6gJNX4

and who could forget Wade throwing Rondo down - dislocating Rondo's elbow.  This is a difficult video to watch.

Dirtiest player I have ever seen, close second JR Smith.

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2019, 02:52:34 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Whats next ovation for Lebron?

Wade is a dirty player who purposely injured a few. Dont forget those dirty fouls on Celtic players

Yes a nice career... but I dont understand the ovation

Fans of the past would not do that. You dont see the Redsox fans doing that for a Yankees player

Please dont stand/clap for Lebron next

Agreed.
Wade injured Rondo on purpose, Lebron injured Danny Granger and Hayward on purpose.

Wade and Lebron are the two dirtiest players in the NBA.

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2019, 03:17:41 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Triboy,

Rondo calls him dirty

LeBron's ovation is coming, triboy.  The reasons have been discussed above.  Proud to be a sports fan in Boston.

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2019, 03:18:37 PM »

Offline elcotte

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 52
Triboy,

Rondo calls him dirty

What outrage! Are you Sasha whomever from the Lakers who stormed around railing against the color green? Geez, give it a rest. Wade and LeBron are great players. If you ever played a sport you'd realize it's great to compete and to also pay respects for those who compete against you.

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2019, 03:32:38 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
He absolutely deserves a standing ovation for his last game in Boston.

Beyond his 1st ballot HOF credentials and his rings, he's done OUTSTANDING work in the community.

Some folks still butt-hurt over the Rondo incident and his accomplishments against BOS in MIA.

It's over...done with.

Boston's got a BRIGHT future - right as Wade leaves the NBA and IMO we shouldn't be holding grudges against this man.

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2019, 04:12:02 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
F Wade and the horse he rode in on.

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2019, 04:51:35 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Totally agree with apc.  Wade was great and I acknowledge that.  I would never cheer a person I dislike regardless of how great he was.   Boston is cool in that it cheered Dirk and Rivera- they were highly respectable guys.  I loved it and I’m proud of Boston for that.  Wade was equal as a player but unequal as a human.  I would be booing while others cheer like another poster said.

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2019, 05:26:46 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
not gonna miss that thug in the least .

near the top of my list of hated players of all time.

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2019, 06:18:21 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Some of the terrible things people are saying about who Wade is as a human being are just disgraceful.

First, I seriously doubt any of you know him on a personal level.  And second, by every account I have ever read about him he is a stand up person, and someone who cares about other human beings (and backs that up with his actions).

Clearly some people take their sports way too seriously, and have little perspective.

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2019, 06:21:32 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I didn't see the Boston crowd give Wade an standing ovation. Was it pre game or did I just miss it during the game?

Question: Why the hell is Wade being given an ovation now? He still has to come to Boston in April. Acknowledge him then. Doing so during yesterday's game is giving a lot more respect than a player and adversary like Wade deserves. You can be assured that Eastern Conference players like Patrick Ewing, Isiah Thomas, Reggie Miller and Allen Iverson(okay his last year was a bit messed up but he still wouldn't have gotten a standing ovation on his 2nd to last game here) never got standing ovations to acknowledge their retirements on the SECOND to last game they played in Boston. And I put those players on the same level as Wade.

But during the end of the game in April, I would have no problem giving Wade an ovation. It's a tribute to one of the best 50 players ever. Wade would deserve it. Of course, my enthusiasm in giving Wade that ovation doesn't necessarily need to make that ovation very loud or long, but I think I would still stand and give a polite clap.

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2019, 06:22:27 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Some of the terrible things people are saying about who Wade is as a human being are just disgraceful.

First, I seriously doubt any of you know him on a personal level.  And second, by every account I have ever read about him he is a stand up person, and someone who cares about other human beings (and backs that up with his actions).

Clearly some people take their sports way too seriously, and have little perspective.

Faux outrage is what I call it.

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2019, 06:42:35 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Hating only affects the person hating, not the one being hated  :angel:

Back on topic, I don’t really care for Wade but I can understand why people would clap to acknowledge his career if it was the last time he was playing. I think those fans are prepared to let bygone he’s be bygones. If the players can forgive each other why not the fans?

I was a little puzzled though as nick said it’s not his last game here. Maybe those fans don’t plan to attend his last game and got their clapping in early  :laugh:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D