CelticsStrong > Comments & Remarks

Open Thread on Rules/Restrictions

(1/210) > >>

Jeff:
Feel free to discuss the rules and the way they are being enforced here.  Enjoy.

greenteam17:
This site is for celtics fans, plain and simple.  It is a news source and a place where you can talk about all things celtics.  There are rules when you talk, you cant say anything offensive and you can't do anything to plot against the celtics.  No one should have a problem with this seeing as we are all celtics fans and we love our team.  Can we please stop crying about the rules here, and just get back to basketball.  People seem to be up in arms lately about rights and the right to voice their opinion freely.  This site isn't run by us users, its run and put together by Jeff along with others who worked very hard to get this site up and running, and keep it that way. So stop giving them a hard time and please lets talk some basketball.   

clover:
I second greenteam's motion.

monty:
There really is nothing more annoying than a blog commenter crying about free speech and democracy like he's some kind of political prisoner or something. Can it, Thomas Jefferson. This is a blog run by moderators. it is not a democracy and there's no bill of rights. if you don't like the policies, go start your own blog and invite people to comment. I GUARANTEE that within a week you will institute a plethora of rules regulating what people can and can't say. it's very difficult to run a blog without them.

and don't even get me started on how dumb the boycott idea was. i'm sure the celtics brass were shaking in their shoes when they read that post.

oh no! the blog commenters are mobilizing! this is the end of the franchise for sure!

celtfan 3.0:
I'm fine with the rules as they are, and I think the moderators here do a great job.

We all have the right to say whatever we want, but if I go into someone's house and start speaking junk about their mom, I expect to get kicked out, or at least told to shut up.  Even in a public place, like a cafe, if I go in there and start talking about something that is offensive, I wouldn't be surprised to be asked to leave.  It's not about first amendment rights, it's about respect.

I do want to say that this is the only forum where I post, because so many other forums out there are unbearable due to the lack of moderating.  EVERY thread turns into one filled with homophobic, sexist, idiotic, arrogant and ignorant comments for seemingly no reason.  We are allowed to have an open, intelligent and respectful conversation here, and I appreciate that.  Those that complain don't seem to know how good we have it here on Celticsblog.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version