Author Topic: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $88M deal with Clippers, reneges on Dallas  (Read 58333 times)

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I was reading on Cuban's brother twitter, and he makes a case that there may be cause for suing the Clippers under Texas law.

Brian Cuban @bcuban
@DarrenHeitner its called tortious interference with business expectancy

And Forbes just came out with this article:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenheitner/2015/07/08/will-mark-cuban-sue-the-clippers-if-deandre-jordan-changes-his-mind/

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
I was reading on Cuban's brother twitter, and he makes a case that there may be cause for suing the Clippers under Texas law.

Brian Cuban ?@bcuban

http://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenheitner/2015/07/08/will-mark-cuban-sue-the-clippers-if-deandre-jordan-changes-his-mind/

Yup he should sue lol! I'd love to watch this drama unfold on a summer day!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
If Deandre jordan backs out of this deal he immediately becomes my least favorite player in the NBA and I really dont like a lot of players.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
If Deandre jordan backs out of this deal he immediately becomes my least favorite player in the NBA and I really dont like a lot of players.

You know a lot of NBA players and they've personally proven to be unlikeable?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

are you telling me you dont have players that you like vs. dislike?

It makes the game a lot more fun to have guys like that.
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

There's players I root for and players I root against, but it's based on aesthetics (I "hate" Evan Turner because he makes basketball look ugly as eff, for example) and other on-the-court stuff. I take very little stock in the PR wing of the NBA.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

There's players I root for and players I root against, but it's based on aesthetics (I "hate" Evan Turner because he makes basketball look ugly as eff, for example) and other on-the-court stuff. I take very little stock in the PR wing of the NBA.
for me agreeing to a contract and then going back on it is a pretty scummy and cowardly thing to do. For that reason I will root against him.

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76

I remember hating Shaq after he screwed the Magic.  Then he gained my respect back with his "Kobe How My A__ Taste?" rap.  lol
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76

for me agreeing to a contract and then going back on it is a pretty scummy and cowardly thing to do. For that reason I will root against him.

Another scumbag move was when Boozer SCREWED the Cavs. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Not going to lie, I'm enjoying that everyone is mobilizing and tweeting emojis of how they are getting to the meetings. This is fun.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Re: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80M deal with the Dallas Mavericks
« Reply #100 on: July 08, 2015, 02:34:16 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Brian Cuban @bcuban

Doubt it'd stand up given the way business is done in the NBA and that we're in a "moratorium" period so none of the "deals" struck have any force.

Still, it'd be fun to see Cuban try.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2015, 02:34:30 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

Another scumbag move was when Boozer SCREWED the Cavs.

This is a great example of this situation. I was looking for one earlier -- thanks!

« Reply #102 on: July 08, 2015, 02:48:21 PM »

Offline 35Lewis

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 42
John Salmons did this a few years ago too.  Too much time to think but Cuban of all people should know that he doesn't want to have a player in Dallas who is having second thoughts or who would've signed and then regretted it.  It'd be Odom or Rondo all over again but with less drama and actual production on the floor.

« Reply #103 on: July 08, 2015, 02:52:55 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Brian Cuban @bcuban

Doubt it'd stand up given the way business is done in the NBA and that we're in a "moratorium" period so none of the "deals" struck have any force.

Still, it'd be fun to see Cuban try.

Yeah, it would be DOA.  The collective bargaining agreement describes the earliest that contracts can be finalized.  No reason for Cuban to get owners mad at him if he's not on airtight legal ground.  It's just Twitter bluster to convince Jordan to stay.

« Reply #104 on: July 08, 2015, 02:55:43 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221

This is getting entertaining..lol.