Author Topic: Random, (likely) unpopular trade ideas  (Read 2114 times)

Random, (likely) unpopular trade ideas
« on: April 16, 2010, 01:14:11 PM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
The various ideas below are based on the assumption Boston wants to start rebuilding after the season.

1) Pierce and Sasha to CHI, Bynum and Deng to BOS, & Hinrich and Perk to LAL.

2) Pierce to Miami for #17 and Beasley (Miami is far enough under the cap right?).

3) Ray (S&T) and Perk to Toronto for Calderon, DeRozan, and #12 pick.

4) Pierce to LAC for #8 and Jordan.

Flame away, congratulate, or post your own random ideas to kick start the rebuild.
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

Re: Random, (likely) unpopular trade ideas
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 01:17:19 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Pierce should retire as a Celtic, and the franchise needs to make that a very high priority. No deal with The Truth would get my approval ... no way.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 01:22:14 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
Pierce should retire as a Celtic, and the franchise needs to make that a very high priority. No deal with The Truth would get my approval ... no way.
!!!
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 01:28:41 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2421
I don't think any of those trades are realistic.

If they were on the table, I would making any one of them. The Bynum and Deng package being the best of the bunch.

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 03:14:54 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
None of those make sense.  The Bynum / Deng deal would be great but it makes no sense whatsoever for the other teams involved.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 03:22:17 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
You do not trade a franchise player. And No Rondo isn't a franchise player. Another NO to rebuilding. This team is far from done. Add couple of decent draft picks mixed with some young FA pickups & Celtics remain contender. I hope that's the approach Ainge will pursue instead of restarting from square ONE.

Edit: Must trade Sheed this offseason. Maybe even Baby.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 03:48:48 PM by Change »

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 03:50:44 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
OK, lets go 1 by 1.

1) Pierce and Sasha to CHI, Bynum and Deng to BOS, & Hinrich and Perk to LAL.

This one isn't bad, but I have a hard time seeing the Lakers and C's doing such a major trade, and I also do not think the Lakers would give up Bynum (despite his injuries) without getting more value back.  I know he is fun to make fun of, but he has a TON of potential, and is already very productive, when he can stay on the floor.

2) Pierce to Miami for #17 and Beasley (Miami is far enough under the cap right?).

The problem with this is that Miami would never give up their cap space before the draft.  Now, if they are only able to bring in one big name (either Wade, or someone in place of him), I could see this deal going down later in the summer, but it would be for whoever they picked in the draft, not the actual pick.

3) Ray (S&T) and Perk to Toronto for Calderon, DeRozan, and #12 pick.

Interesting.  I think the C's would be very hessitant to take on Calderon's contract, since they already have Rondo locked up, but value-wise its not bad for the C's.  I don't see why the Raptors would do it though.  I think Derozan would be hard for them to give up.

4) Pierce to LAC for #8 and Jordan.

This one makes the most sense to me.  Again, I don't think it would happen until later in the summer, once they realized they can't get one of the top FA's.  But I really think if the C's ever considered trading Pierce, the Clips would be the ideal trading partner, because of their cap space, and a few decent assets.  Plus, Pierce may even get on board, since he is buddies with Davis, and on paper, a starting 5 of Davis, Gordon, Pierce, Griffin, and Kaman is pretty interesting.  If they could convince Camby to come back (that was rumored, and bring in a couple other veterans off the bench, they would have a chance to make some noise, if they can stay healthy.

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 04:00:27 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Really a fan of the Pierce/Clippers deal. And the 3 way with Chicago/LAL makes a ton of sense as well. Good job, JN.

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 04:03:29 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2670
  • bammokja
#2 two sounds palatable.

after this year, it probably wont matter whether pierce is with the team since they wont be going far either way.

so, after playoff, ainge needs to blow it up IF he can get good return on the vets. ainge should not and will not simply give the big 3 away. but if he can get good return (youth and good picks) for them this off season, more power to him.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 04:05:00 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

so, after playoff, ainge needs to blow it up IF he can get good return on the vets. ainge should not and will not simply give the big 3 away. but if he can get good return (youth and good picks) for them this off season, more power to him.

Couldn't have said it better myself.  I think Danny needs to basically have his ears open for just about anything this offseason.  If he gets too caught up in any particular plan, I think he is going to get in trouble.  It has to be about value.