Author Topic: Would you trade Jaylen for this  (Read 4123 times)

Re: Would you trade Jaylen for this
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2023, 04:18:43 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
the funny thing is, for as much hate as brown is getting on this board

hes averaging 23ppg on 46.7% shooting and 38.2% from 3 on the season. the way some fans talk about him you would think hes an absolute bum.

I mean we know he's very very good. It's why Houston would probably do the deal, he's just an enigma. You can't quite put your finger on it, but some deep basketball sense tells me he's just doesn't get it.

Hard to explain what's missing with JB except to say BBIQ. Just thought he was so Raw coming out of Cal and some of those same traits are still present.

Insightful and well said. Something just has never clicked with him and he continues to be a black hole for the ball too much of the time.
Most fans like Jaylen and his talent is not in question, but he just keeps doing some of the same dumb things on the court year after year.

He also is the most explosive player on the court. He can make the Garden erupt after a power dunk. For some reason his bad decisions are focused on rather than his insane energy plays.

Re: Would you trade Jaylen for this
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2023, 05:27:28 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
I wonder about OG Anunoby as a potential replacement for Jaylen. Anunoby doesn't bring the scoring of Jaylen but he plays tougher defense and is a good off-ball threat on offense. A good connectivity player like D White but 6-7 240lbs. Will probably cost about 50% of Jaylen.

If this were a cost-cutting move (down the road).