Author Topic: Rumor: Celtics refused to make Tatum available in trade talks with New Orleans  (Read 20914 times)

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
We could have ended up with all our picks til 2025 in NO hands and Davis bolting after next season. No hope of drafting anyone for the next 6 years. Danny would be playing golf sooner then anticipated if he ever agreed to that. This board would have had his head as well! :)

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Bill Simmons said he heard conflicting accounts as to whether the Celtics made Tatum available.

Consensus around the league is that the Pelicans got a great return given that the Lakers were bidding against themselves and a pretty soft Celtics offer.

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
A fool would not have taken Lakers 𝙾𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛.  Ainge might have just screwed the lakers in this little show

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I still feel like the Lakers offer is being highly overrated. I would be shocked if the Lakers finish with a worse record than the Pelicans over the next 7 years. Just because Brooklyn couldn't get out of their own way, doesn't mean the Lakers are going to go through the same collapse.

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
When will the players go for their physicals? Lets not forget, Ingram's season ended because of a blood clot. What if he fails his physical?

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
The interesting thing is that earlier in the year, Kuzma was the Pelicans' favorite and they specifically didn't want Lonzo. Now I'm reading reports that it was Ingram then Lonzo then Kuzma. Must be Griffin's influence? Or maybe the revenue generated from Lonzo to Zion lobs?

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
When will the players go for their physicals? Lets not forget, Ingram's season ended because of a blood clot. What if he fails his physical?
good question.  I would hope for Ingram's sake he gets a clean bill of health but should that not be the case, I hope NO can go back for more assets like Kuzma.  Lakers can't make up the difference in value with draft picks at this point.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
The interesting thing is that earlier in the year, Kuzma was the Pelicans' favorite and they specifically didn't want Lonzo. Now I'm reading reports that it was Ingram then Lonzo then Kuzma. Must be Griffin's influence? Or maybe the revenue generated from Lonzo to Zion lobs?
they always wanted lonzo And lonzo was the favorite

Ingram was the one they were less interested in