Author Topic: First Round Game 3: Boston Celtics @ Atlanta Hawks, 4/26/08 (8:00pm, ESPN / CSN)  (Read 78360 times)

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
let the ladies represent fellas...most are up on game..i bet she could out argue us on any subjet related to sports...she aint new to this...

Hey I'd like to see Cheryl Miller call a game. However this Doris Burke is turabull just turabull, to paraphrase Barkley. To be fair, Dan Schulman is calling the game and he's turabull too.

Offline butterbeanlove

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 191
Third-quarter domination about to begin...

Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. is this crap with the clock bullEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.e.... is Atlanta a North American city with electricty or what? Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.it.

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
let the ladies represent fellas...most are up on game..i bet she could out argue us on any subjet related to sports...she aint new to this...

Hey I'd like to see Cheryl Miller call a game. However this Dorris Burke is turabull just turabull, to paraphrase Barkley. To be fair, Dan Schulman is calling the game and he's turabull too.

She'd be great ... blow Reggie away, (plus ... she speaks english!)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!

She has been given a multitude of opportunities to prove that she has even the most basic of knowledge of the game of basketball, and she has failed time and time again. It's not being sexist, it's just not tolerating maybe the worst NBA referee ever. If she were a man, she would scrutinized to a much greater degree than she is now, I wont go as far as to say she would lose her job, because Stern seems to be blind to how bad his officiating is. Now, be one of the best referees in the league and punish a player who is showing you up, and then your job is in great jeopardy.

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2413
Surprised to see KG has 19 points at the half. It's a quiet 19. What's he have 4-5 layups? Couple of FTs? 2-3 J's? Surprised. Solid work.

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2413
That bloody shot clock again. At least every second game I watch for Atlanta there's some momentary problem with that clock. There was a game a while back where it stopped working for the second half, they put a shot clock on the floor and the opposition coach shouted out the clock to his players. You'd see all the players look backwards to their own rim looking for the clock before deciding what play to make.

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
They've had 9 years to get ready for this. How long does it take to find a working shot clock? Bush League.

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Let the draft go, guys ... let it go! The Pats will be fine, the Celts need ya now! (Matthew 6:28)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
Wow, they are going to countdown the shot clock over the PA. Next thing you know Duke Tango is going to be on the court yelling, "The Truth!!! OHH BABBYY!!!!"

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
what happend between the 2nd and the 3rd...?.....crazyiness..

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Missed all of the 2nd and some of the end of the first. Violet had a bad call or two at that point but was the rest of the half as bad as you guys are making it?

Violet has been "Oh, I called the shot clock violation because I missed to see that the ball touched the rim" bad. She's also been very homeristic, but that's only a matter of luck. She's just plain bad.   

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
Let's just go back to the old days, no shot clock. Celtics score first and then just dribble the clock out for 23 and a half minutes.

Offline butterbeanlove

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 191
One time I was in Watertown, N.Y., about 50 miles north of Syracuse and 90 miles from Montreal. The only places to eat in town was a local steak house with no windows that hadn't changed since their look since 1961, an Olive Garden and an Applebees.

This is how I feel right now.

This is a joke. They ought to forfeit this game to us right now. Yahoos.

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Let's just go back to the old days, no shot clock. Celtics score first and then just dribble the clock out for 23 and a half minutes.

(Seconds) Yup ... and you had to keep track of the score, cuz they'd only put the graphic up every 4 or 5 minutes!

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
im gonna flip the channel..i think "kings of queens" is on....