Author Topic: Celtics Regular Season News  (Read 62737 times)

Re: Celtics Regular Season News
« Reply #165 on: December 17, 2022, 12:16:19 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
Bobby Manning @RealBobManning
2 minutes ago

NEW -- @CLNSMedia the #Celtics rank last in offense over the past 4 games, and if you were wondering what might happen when the shooting comes back to Earth, we're starting to see it. Turnovers, disconnected play and individual efforts not adding up

Wow. I expected some sort of cooling down but not to this extent. The bench in particular has been a letdown the past four games. Let’s hope we find our shooting back sooner rather than later. The return of Rob and Big Al hopefully gets the ship right. 

« Reply #166 on: December 17, 2022, 12:34:40 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 91
Bobby Manning @RealBobManning
2 minutes ago

NEW -- @CLNSMedia the #Celtics rank last in offense over the past 4 games, and if you were wondering what might happen when the shooting comes back to Earth, we're starting to see it. Turnovers, disconnected play and individual efforts not adding up

Wow. I expected some sort of cooling down but not to this extent. The bench in particular has been a letdown the past four games. Let’s hope we find our shooting back sooner rather than later. The return of Rob and Big Al hopefully gets the ship right.

That’s clickbait. Don’t fall for it.

“Return to Earth” implies returning to the mean, the average. This shooting slump is not that. It’s a slump. The floor, not the average. Just like Brogdon and Hauser weren’t going to shoot 50% from 3 all year, they’re not going to shoot 20% the rest of this season.

Big Al missing games seems to have thrown a wrench in the offensive game plan. It wasn’t as apparent in B2Bs that he’s missed, but it certainly did over a longer stretch. That needs to be corrected fast, because Al is going to miss more games this year and next if he stays around.

The offense can’t fall off a cliff when he twists an ankle in the 1st round. They have to find a replacement for the future and at least a backup for this year. Or find a different way to run the offense that doesn’t rely on his availability.

« Reply #167 on: December 17, 2022, 05:18:36 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
The Celtics are listing Jayson Tatum out for "personal reasons" vs. the Magic on Sunday.

—————————

Source: Adrian Wojnarowski

5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #168 on: December 17, 2022, 07:45:54 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
The Celtics are listing Jayson Tatum out for "personal reasons" vs. the Magic on Sunday.

—————————

I read in other fora that it’s for Deuce’s birthday. Must be a late celebration because Deuce’s birthday was last December 6. Not sure how accurate that is.

« Reply #169 on: December 17, 2022, 11:12:56 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

—————————

I read in other fora that it’s for Deuce’s birthday. Must be a late celebration because Deuce’s birthday was last December 6. Not sure how accurate that is.

That would be strange.  I get not celebrating it during the road trip, but yesterday would have made sense.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #170 on: December 17, 2022, 11:32:56 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1679
Wonder if we might have the order of operations reversed.  Not that Tatum's kid has a birthday party so he took the game off, but rather that Tatum has a scheduled day of rest so he's throwing his kid a birthday party. 

Just a guess.  No idea.

« Reply #171 on: December 18, 2022, 02:09:23 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002

—————————

That would be strange.  I get not celebrating it during the road trip, but yesterday would have made sense.

Maybe kid had school, family had work or something, and everyone is free on Sunday. Idk just a guess

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #172 on: December 18, 2022, 04:51:29 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I think Tatum has been a bit off since the Golden State game so I don't mind seeing him get a mini break and might as well keep him fresh as he's been playing a lot of minutes.

« Reply #173 on: December 18, 2022, 12:41:42 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
If I took off cause of my kid birthday, I be fired…have a party yesterday when u off
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #174 on: December 18, 2022, 12:47:59 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
If I took off cause of my kid birthday, I be fired…have a party yesterday when u off
Are you the most important worker at your organisation?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #175 on: December 18, 2022, 12:48:38 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
If we didn’t lose to Orlando in the first game, I think this wouldn’t be such a big deal. It was probably scheduled ahead, thinking it was “just Orlando” and would be a perfect rest day for JT.

« Reply #176 on: December 18, 2022, 01:24:28 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
If we didn’t lose to Orlando in the first game, I think this wouldn’t be such a big deal. It was probably scheduled ahead, thinking it was “just Orlando” and would be a perfect rest day for JT.

Sure hope that isn't bulletin board material for the Magic to be treated as "just Orlando"  ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #177 on: December 18, 2022, 01:26:58 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Horford fined $25k for the elbow to Mo Wagner.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #178 on: December 20, 2022, 12:44:27 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1440
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #179 on: December 20, 2022, 12:57:54 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
Wonder if we might have the order of operations reversed.  Not that Tatum's kid has a birthday party so he took the game off, but rather that Tatum has a scheduled day of rest so he's throwing his kid a birthday party. 

Just a guess.  No idea.

Scheduled days off aren't usually listed as "personal reasons." Usually they'll list some minor thing like an ankle, shoulder ect. Also it would be weird to give him a day off when there were two days off before the first Orl game, and two days off after the second. Its one of the least dense schedule weeks of the year.