Author Topic: First Round Game 7: Atlanta Hawks at Boston Celtics 5/4/08 (1:00pm, ABC)  (Read 75988 times)

Offline Hrvoje

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
If anyone needs a link for the game, PM me

Offline Green Mountain

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 16
That is one disgustingly ugly outfit Stuart Scott is wearing.

Mike Wilbon's top-five Celts:

5. Sam Jones
4. John Havlicek
3. Dennis Johnson
2. Larry Bird
1. Bill Russell

I can't say I agree with that.  You can't ignore Cowens, Cousy, and McHale; at least two of them need to make the top-five.
This is the Celtics. No one can make a good top 5.

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
Paul & Ray going 4-12 & 2-11 and up by 18 at the half; Got to know both Paul & Ray are not going to shoot 25% for the game average, they both heat it up in the second half and shoot their game average;Bet!

Swarming defensive effort played smartly is the difference here,as well as great box outs and boards; Hawks ain't going to the FT line like the games in Atlanta...
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167

5. Sam Jones
4. John Havlicek
3. Dennis Johnson
2. Larry Bird
1. Bill Russell

I can't say I agree with that.  You can't ignore Cowens, Cousy, and McHale; at least two of them need to make the top-five.

there are so many great celtics. i'd find it difficult.

At least the first two are right.

Offline Bird in the Rafters

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 0
Perk had the quarter of his playoff life and now he sits the entire second.  Makes sense.

Yup .... some strange rotation again ... though we've weathered it OK

Yeah, I think that is one of those situations where, just because things worked out okay doesn't mean it was the right decision.

I love how the team is playing right now; if the players keep this up, *I* could coach them and they'd win a championship.

Sub-27% shooting from Atlanta.  Great stuff.

I was thinking the same thing.  We've weathered "it" OK.  The problem is that "it" is the decision-making process of our own head coach.  That's not something a team should have to weather.

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

5. Sam Jones
4. John Havlicek
3. Dennis Johnson
2. Larry Bird
1. Bill Russell

there are so many great celtics. i'd find it difficult.

At least the first two are right.

no question. although my order would be different.

Offline Three Hours Early

• Xavier Tillman
  • Screw you too, David Stern!

5. Sam Jones
4. John Havlicek
3. Dennis Johnson
2. Larry Bird
1. Bill Russell

You meant that no one can make a BAD top 5, right?

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics

5. Sam Jones
4. John Havlicek
3. Dennis Johnson
2. Larry Bird
1. Bill Russell

Van Gundy's were worse.  I dont know if he was joking or not but his top four didn't have Russell.  Maybe it was a joke, I'm just too tense to notice it.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Another record for this year's bunch - fewest pts allowed in a half in the playoffs.  Considering some of the great squads we've had in the past, this is pretty impressive, and couldn't come at a better time. 

Just need to finish strong and keep the lead to 15+ and we can start getting ready for Cleveland...ABC's special on LeBron, I'm half-expecting the camera to start drooling all over him.

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
We should not feel comfortable with this half time lead.

We need to continue to step on their throats.

Absolutely right, especially with how this series has gone.  If this one gets close the Hawks will become loose and the noose will tighten around the Celtics neck.  Go out and win the third quarter, i don't want a win, I want a blowout.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

Offline Green Mountain

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 16

5. Sam Jones
4. John Havlicek
3. Dennis Johnson
2. Larry Bird
1. Bill Russell

You meant that no one can make a BAD top 5, right?
There is no way to pick just 5 guys without shorting a Hall of Famer for god sakes.

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

5. Sam Jones
4. John Havlicek
3. Dennis Johnson
2. Larry Bird
1. Bill Russell

Van Gundy's were worse.  I dont know if he was joking or not but his top four didn't have Russell.  Maybe it was a joke, I'm just too tense to notice it.

Well, Jackson called him out on it and Van Gundy clarified that it was just for players he was old enough to have watched play, so Russell was exempt - it's his personal favorites, not just the best players ever.  I'd have to leave Cowens, Havlicek and all the old school guys off for the same reason.

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2410
Atlanta are playing very poorly, yet they still cut our defense down and got into the paint at will. They made only four shots out of 23 attempts inside in the paint. That's about 60% of their shots in the paint.

Our defense has been good around the rim but if you're getting that close that often it's not good. Atlanta should be finishing more of those high percentage looks, I don't care if the defense is good at the rim, if you're shooting from 5 feet you should be making a good percentage.

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

5. Sam Jones
4. John Havlicek
3. Dennis Johnson
2. Larry Bird
1. Bill Russell

Agree, Roy ... I'd have it something like:

1. Bill Russell
 2. Larry Bird
 3. Bob Cousey
 4. John Havlicek
 5. Dave Cowens
 6. Kevin McHale
 7. Dennis Johnson
 8. Sam Jones
 9. Paul Pierce
10. Robert Parish

... or something thereabouts.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
26 pts

LOL, Really, 26 points is what ya get shooting 26%, good thing for them they shot 80% 4/5 from the 3pt range!!!

And that's their best shot shooting those threes... Got to get up on 'em!!!
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"