Author Topic: First Round Game 7: Atlanta Hawks at Boston Celtics 5/4/08 (1:00pm, ABC)  (Read 75403 times)

Offline Hrvoje

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jwpaWFAFH7w

Thanks. TP.

LOL, it was like bumping into the Great Wall of Boston

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
First round has nothing to do with the second round. Doesn't matter how you get there, once you get there you got a fresh start. Everybody starts at 0-0.

Doesn't matter that this went seven.

It is a clean slate again.  They need to just keep doing what they have done during the season.  Great win today.

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
ah, i take it back then, just so hammered by the (deserved) negitivey over the last few days my sarcasm meter malfunctioned  ;D

or are you just hammered? =) jk of course

nah, just hung over  ;)
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9
Great defense is forcing long contested jump shots not giving up lots of shots around the rim. This wasn't great defense.

I agree, we were fortunate today that the Hawks missed so many shots.
A great many of the shots were contested. Far more than there were in Atlanta.

Jumpshooting teams don't win Championships.  :)

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
I'm sure something close to this was mentioned somewhere in this thread, but I'm hoppin' on late.

If I was doing up the MVP Poll for Game 7, I'd give Perk my top billing.  He was awesome today.  He set the tone early and rest of the guys picked up on it.  Perk was not to be denied.

Big props to Perk for stepping up and becoming a LEADER
Yup

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I'm sure something close to this was mentioned somewhere in this thread, but I'm hoppin' on late.

If I was doing up the MVP Poll for Game 7, I'd give Perk my top billing.  He was awesome today.  He set the tone early and rest of the guys picked up on it.  Perk was not to be denied.

Big props to Perk for stepping up and becoming a LEADER
Perk was brilliant

They're a tough team to beat when they get that type of service out of the big fella.

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
As one who was there, hats off to the Garden crowd, which came loaded for bear starting with the pre game warmups.  The energy and passion in the building were just like the Bird era.  And the 'Where is Bibby?' chant was just classic.  8)

Offline Kiwicelt

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
Well....great win by all accounts and such a relief. I've just followed the game through this game thread; work and the lack of TV time in New Zealand means that this is the only way for me to keep up.....

Thanks to everyone for the experience!! It most've been great to have been there/seen it!!

Bring on the Cavs!!!

Cheers!