Author Topic: First Round Game 7: Atlanta Hawks at Boston Celtics 5/4/08 (1:00pm, ABC)  (Read 75990 times)

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Celtics Win 99 to 65 ... Bring On The Cavs!!     Celtics Win 99 to 65 ... Bring On The Cavs!!     Celtics Win 99 to 65 ... Bring On The Cavs!!     Celtics Win 99 to 65 ... Bring On The Cavs!!     Celtics Win 99 to 65 ... Bring On The Cavs!!     Celtics Win 99 to 65 ... Bring On The Cavs!!     Celtics Win 99 to 65 ... Bring On The Cavs!!     Celtics Win 99 to 65 ... Bring On The Cavs!!     Celtics Win 99 to 65 ... Bring On The Cavs!!     Celtics Win 99 to 65 ... Bring On The Cavs!!     Celtics Win 99 to 65 ... Bring On The Cavs!!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Offline tanner

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
Order has been restored!  May have needed 7 games but way to finish the series with a huge blowout and send a message to lebron and the cavs.  This team ain't done yet!  Just have figure out how to win on the road.

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
Alright now, I can go and gloat and resume my swager over on my usual hang out board, Head-Fi, where under my avatar for location reads: Home of the Celtics...LOL!!!

Tommy points for THE BIG TICKET!!!  ;D ;) 8)
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Celtics Win 99 to 65 ... Bring On The Cavs!!     Celtics Win 99 to 65 ... Bring On The Cavs!!     Celtics Win 99 to 65 ... Bring On The Cavs!!     Celtics Win 99 to 65 ... Bring On The Cavs!!     Celtics Win 99 to 65 ... Bring On The Cavs!!     Celtics Win 99 to 65 ... Bring On The Cavs!!     Celtics Win 99 to 65 ... Bring On The Cavs!!     Celtics Win 99 to 65 ... Bring On The Cavs!!     Celtics Win 99 to 65 ... Bring On The Cavs!!     Celtics Win 99 to 65 ... Bring On The Cavs!!     Celtics Win 99 to 65 ... Bring On The Cavs!!

You said it, Bahku!

Offline Hrvoje

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
I'm so HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY !!!!   ;D

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2410
First round has nothing to do with the second round. Doesn't matter how you get there, once you get there you got a fresh start. Everybody starts at 0-0.

Doesn't matter that this went seven.

Offline mhbhaecceity09

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
Don't worry about the road.  This team now understands the importance of stepping on a team's neck during a series.  The Cavs don't present near the athleticism collectively or youthful exuberance that ATL did.  My money says that as much problems as we may have w/ Lebron, the Cavs will have trying to cover the Big 3 and Rondo.  Ol' Ben, Wally, and Delonte will have their hands full.  

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
the monkey is off doc's back, he's out of the 1st round

the world watched today (for about 15 minutes) and saw the c's are for real - If I'm Cleveland, I'm worried about coming to the Garden.

Great allaround effort - Rajon is jockeying to be my favorite player after the toughness and maturity well beyond his years he's continually showed (PP's still my boy though)

Tuesday night cannot come soon enough
When you love life, life loves you right back

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 733
i fell in love with the Celtics during the 1969 playoffs.

it's amazing all the happiness and agony that goes with loving a sports team. we have no control over their performance other than the home-court advantage ........ and tonite we are relieved and happy - maybe more relieved.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

Offline LusoCeltic

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 5
 ;D

Wow. Great team effort. Great defense, great attitude...

I know people were saying that no matter what the outcome was today the damage was done to this Celtics team and there was no way we were going to the finals, but I think this team got some respect back today.

17 might or might not be just around the corner, but it definetly hasn't been this close for a long time.

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Suddenly I no longer hate Atlanta but man oh man do I hate the Cavs.

Congrats to Doc on winning a play-off series. KG now has gotten out of the first round twice.

Offline Hrvoje

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
This game is a must-have.

Who is interested can PM me tommorow for a link!

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Funny how Doc just became a lot smarter coach.

One thing I hope no one is overlooking, and that is that Perk was absolutely HUGE in this game. He set the tone right from the start both offensively and defensively. 10 pts, 10 boards, and 5 blocks in 27 minutes with no turnovers. Great game Big Man!

If you are going to screw around and let these guys take you to 7 games that is the way you have to finish off in game 7. I hope we have our mojo back!

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
*sigh*. I'm relieved. Let's start off fresh against the Cavs. Do you guys know when game 1 is?
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Everybody contributed .... that's what I love the most. Even Baby, PJ, Eddie ... and Sam actually PUSHED the ball, and was not looking for his game, but looking to run the offense ... that was sweet! It's this kind of team effort at both ends that's so powerful, with Captain Paul Pierce leading the way! Awesome statement game, and a classy ending. Great composure, too, to not let the physicality get anybody in trouble. Gotta give props to Atlanta, too ...

Great Job, Hawks ... You Gave It Your All!!       Great Job, Hawks ... You Gave It Your All!!       Great Job, Hawks ... You Gave It Your All!!       Great Job, Hawks ... You Gave It Your All!!       Great Job, Hawks ... You Gave It Your All!!       Great Job, Hawks ... You Gave It Your All!!       Great Job, Hawks ... You Gave It Your All!!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *