Author Topic: With the state of the West three teams really need Green.  (Read 1305 times)

With the state of the West three teams really need Green.
« on: December 23, 2014, 08:01:43 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
The west standing as of 12/23 are as follows,

Warriors .885%
Blazers   .759%
Grizzles  .750%
Rockets  .741%
Mavs      .690%
Clippers .679%
Spurs     .621%
Pelicans .519%

Suns       .517%
OKC        .464%

With the Mavs land ing Rondo and the Rockets the likely landing spot for Smith the west is gaining even more talent. OKC is healthy and 8-2 in the last 10 so they will quickly rise into a playoff spot. The Suns and Pelicans both have an uphill battle on their hands to make the playoffs. At the top of the west the Grizzles are currently 3rd with what is possibly the least over all talented roster. Dont get me wrong they are a great team and play great basketball but they dont have the transcendent stars of the other teams.

The suns, pelicans and Grizz all have a need for Jeff Greens skill set.

The suns have started Marcus Morris and PJ Tucker at the 3 this year. Morris doesn't seem to have the lateral quickness to be a full time SF and Tucker is a hard working 3-D type better suited for the bench.

The Pelicans have had to start numerous players on the wing in the absence of the underachieving and often injured E Gordon. This list consists of Luke Babbit, Austin Rivers, and the recently released Darius Miller.

The Grizzles have played amazing basketball while playing Courtney Lee at the SF position and backing him up with Carter and Prince. Currently their minutes at SG and SF are allocated as follows. Lee 33per, Allen 26per, Carter 17per, Prince 23per, and Pondexter 18per. With the leading scorer being Lee at 12 per game. Green could take Prince's spot in the rotation and steal minutes from Pondexter without effecting Allen and Lee's Minutes or roles.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: With the state of the West three teams really need Green.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 08:14:06 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
People say he has no value right now but lets wait until the deadline gets closer. A Houston or Memphis or New Orleans will be right there and will do whatever is necessary to put them ahead of the rest. This is when Danny should sell high to the West. Green is no slouch, some team will want to take a flyer on him and convince him to waive his player option for a better deal on a contender. Other assets for the desperate teams: Bass, Thorton, Turner (if he maintains good bench play), Wright, and Nelson.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 09:00:02 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
at this point I wouldn't be surprised if Green brings a better return than Rondo did. 

seems to be less good SFs in the league than PGs.  With a number of teams thinking they have a shot at the title this year, maybe one of them will at least pay a prospect and 1st to get Green.  one can only hope

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 09:04:07 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think the Suns are sellers right now. If they do a deal i see it as being for future cap space, not so they can compete in the west.

I think most of the teams in contention in the west could use one of our veteran guys, hopefully they bid against each other closer to the deadline
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 09:07:45 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
As much as I'd like to keep Green I think Memphis would be a great spot for him. I'm not sure what Memphis would be willing to give up however.

I'm not sure they'd do a first for him but a simple trade like Green for Prince and a first would be worth it for Memphis. Doesn't do much for us but we get the first and more salary relief in order to continue the tank fest.

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 09:15:36 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I think the Suns are sellers right now. If they do a deal i see it as being for future cap space, not so they can compete in the west.

I think most of the teams in contention in the west could use one of our veteran guys, hopefully they bid against each other closer to the deadline

I agree about the Suns. I Thomas seems to be the odd man out in that guard troika which has been inconsistently effective, and he is the only player on the Suns, Pels and Grizz who might be attainable and who interest me, at least for Green.

Thornton is another story, however. He'd be a great fit in NO to replace Gordon's scoring.

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 10:36:40 AM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
As much as I'd like to keep Green I think Memphis would be a great spot for him. I'm not sure what Memphis would be willing to give up however.

I'm not sure they'd do a first for him but a simple trade like Green for Prince and a first would be worth it for Memphis. Doesn't do much for us but we get the first and more salary relief in order to continue the tank fest.

Memphis owes a first round pick to the Cavs with bi-directional protections that probably won't be conveyed until 2017.  Is a 2019 first round pick too long to wait for a return for Green?