Author Topic: Cousins to warriors!  (Read 14892 times)

Re: Cousins to warriors!
« Reply #120 on: July 03, 2018, 01:50:37 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
I lost all respect for everybody right now. The older fellas must be laughing their guts out.

What has happened to this world.

Edit: i wouldnt want coussins , and i still feel like we have the best roster in the world, with smart. But this move is even worse than the one durrant made.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #121 on: July 03, 2018, 03:52:57 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

« Reply #122 on: July 03, 2018, 04:21:00 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Zach Lowe on the Cousins trade

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23979341/zach-lowe-demarcus-cousins-golden-state-warriors-nba

Disgusting how espn just can’t wait to tear down the lakers competition and bolster lebrons team.  Next report talks about the genius of the lakers!  Pleasee ::)

« Reply #123 on: July 03, 2018, 04:37:45 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
This is the only way DMC can win a title, as the 5th/6th (Iggy) best player on the team. But still, he may prove me wrong and lose.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #124 on: July 03, 2018, 05:00:24 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
There's only one way to retaliate - sign noted Demarcus Cousins doppelganger Kyle O'Quinn, lol ;D. #FightFireWithFire #TheUltimateTrollMove #SeeingDouble #Twinning #NumberSign #WaitWhat ;D
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 05:44:49 AM by Beat LA »

« Reply #125 on: July 03, 2018, 05:41:15 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Talent wise on paper this is such a huge get for GS. It's the one position they were weak at.

That being said, Cousins is coming off a serious injury and he won't be ready for some time do its kind of a gamble by GS as well.

It was interesting how stealth that entire process was and that DA almost pulled that off. Don't think anyone expected something like that. It will be interesting to see what that next move is. Clearly, they are still looking to make moves and improve.

« Reply #126 on: July 03, 2018, 05:48:52 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
This is the only way DMC can win a title, as the 5th/6th (Iggy) best player on the team. But still, he may prove me wrong and lose.

That would be the most delicious loss
- LilRip

« Reply #127 on: July 03, 2018, 08:12:10 AM »

Offline JumpingJudkins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27
I don't know how anyone can call this a "gamble" by the Warriors. And our hopes and dreams that Cousins will be permanently disabled by his Achilles injury seem overblown; Kevin Pelton's analysis of the trade includes a tidbit about Achilles injuries, saying that according to his data, players returning from that injury tend to underperform previous norms by 8 percent. 92 percent of full-strength Cousins is still an all-star.

Also, Rudy Gay had the same injury at almost exactly the same point in the season two years ago, and he was back in time for training camp.

« Reply #128 on: July 03, 2018, 08:31:36 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
It's subtraction by addition

« Reply #129 on: July 03, 2018, 09:04:04 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
I don't know how anyone can call this a "gamble" by the Warriors. And our hopes and dreams that Cousins will be permanently disabled by his Achilles injury seem overblown; Kevin Pelton's analysis of the trade includes a tidbit about Achilles injuries, saying that according to his data, players returning from that injury tend to underperform previous norms by 8 percent. 92 percent of full-strength Cousins is still an all-star.

Also, Rudy Gay had the same injury at almost exactly the same point in the season two years ago, and he was back in time for training camp.

Gay wasn't 100%, and he didn't weigh 300 lbs.

Cousins may turn out to be a world beater, but fact remains no one took a chance on him. He called GSW and begged them for a spot after no one called him. Fact also remains NO improved drastically after he got hurt.

« Reply #130 on: July 03, 2018, 09:17:38 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Gay wasn't 100%, and he didn't weigh 300 lbs.

Cousins may turn out to be a world beater, but fact remains no one took a chance on him. He called GSW and begged them for a spot after no one called him. Fact also remains NO improved drastically after he got hurt.
Improved drastically?  They were 27-21 with Cousins and 21-13 without him.  So a slightly better win percentage.  They also added Mirotic and Rondo was fully healthy by then (Rondo missed the first 13 games of the season and the Pelicans were just 7-6 in those games - Rondo missed 4 other games, all Pelicans losses as well and it took Rondo awhile to get going).  In addition, 6 of the 7 games Davis missed were while Cousins was healthy, the Pelicans were 3-3 in those games
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #131 on: July 03, 2018, 09:23:29 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Old enough to remember when fans would wring their hands about players not being willing to take less money for the best chance at winning. Be careful what you wish for I guess.

That said the Achilles is no joke and I don't know of anyone Cousins' size who's returned well from one (EDIT: looks like Sabonis did, but pre-NBA). But it's not a "gamble", there's almost zero downside for Golden State, and another top 20 caliber player if he is nearly as good as before. 

« Reply #132 on: July 03, 2018, 09:25:03 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
It's subtraction by addition

Yeah. Let's see how Boogie and Draymond are getting along in March.

I'm still betting on the Celtics to win it all this season.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #133 on: July 03, 2018, 09:26:47 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Gay wasn't 100%

He was close to it. On a per possession basis, he matched or surpassed his career averages in points, rebounds, blocks, steals, turnovers, FG%, eFG%, TS%, PER, etc.

That doesn’t mean Boogie will have the same success, but Gay’s recovery has gone very well.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #134 on: July 03, 2018, 10:24:03 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Adam Himmelsbach

Verified account

@AdamHimmelsbach
 1h1 hour ago
More
According to a league source, the Celtics never made an offer for DeMarcus Cousins. They’d heard he might have interest in Boston, and by the time they started to look into it, he was a Warrior.

This fits with Zach Lowe's story that Boogie's agent was cold calling teams yesterday and throwing different scenarios at them.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman