Author Topic: Trade we should look into with Portland!!! Would solitify our Roster.  (Read 4879 times)

Re: Trade we should look into with Portland!!! Would solitify our Roster.
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2010, 05:59:11 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
After reading the article the guy suggests his team trade two expiring contracts to get better, to grab an elite player to play with Roy and Aldridge.

They are not giving up Pryzbilla and Fernandez for a salary dump and picks.

You can buy picks when you let a 13 million dollar contract like lafrentz just expire. Their owner is rich but he doesn't want to pay the luxury tax. In the end I bet Pryzbilla is had very easily and Fernandez does not get them something that much better than a future first round pick or a guy like Wilson Chandler who is on the same level as Big Baby if not worse. Just my opinion and I guess we will see...
Couldn't have said it better.

Meanwhile, the article makes no sense. Why would Przybilla take a buyout of his contract while injured? And what does this guy imagine Miller and Joel are going to net? A 'star'? Chris Paul? Is he serious? At that price total, it'd net someone else's dirty laundy, or nothing.
To be fair it is in fashion over the last year or so to become overly delusional about what expiring contracts and cap space are worth.

The Blazers are over the cap and have a history of letting guys go. Fernandez is unhappy and wants out. The Blazers don't have the minutes to satisfy him. They have too much depth if that's possible. Again the Blazers typically let guys walk and expire like Lafrentz. Sheed instantly expires and wipes salary cap away. They get something for Fernandez in the way of future picks, etc. The summer of Lebron is over. Teams aren't as worried about expiring contracts anymore as they were before. At least not anymore than Portland is. Portland also likes their young pf in cunningham. What Pryzbilla provides is redundant at this point with Oden and Camby in there. I could definitely see them letting go of Pryzbilla. Fernandez as well if you can get future considerations like picks - which Portland loves - because he is unhappy and unafraid to voice it. Look at Portland's team they don't really need these guys and I think they are both on the outside looking in.
A history of letting guys go? I think they have a history of spending a lot. Every year they are in the market to buy picks. Their owner is one of the richest people on the planet. Don't think they worry about the luxury tax if they are going to be competing for a championship.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Re: Trade we should look into with Portland!!! Would solitify our Roster.
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2010, 06:37:56 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
I don't see us working out a trade with Portland at all. We would have had to do a Sign and Trade with Ray Allen and Rasheeds contract to Portland to get Rudy Fernandez, Przbilla, and Travis Outlaw. Good solid deal for both teams but neither team would get to the NBA finals.
The beatings will continue until morale improves