Author Topic: The perfect pickups: Hinrich and Shaq  (Read 2063 times)

The perfect pickups: Hinrich and Shaq
« on: July 12, 2010, 01:17:12 PM »

Offline Blooroo22

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 3
Overall, at this point, I would call this off-season for the C's a successful one. The return of Doc, PP, and Ray Ray are all major. Plus i think the signing of JO is outstanding. But nonetheless, there is still work to be done. We still need to pick up two pieces.  

I still feel like we should pick up another big, and we need some support for PP and Ray. The way we could do this involves putting trust in a rookie.

This involves Harangody.
I personally believe that Harangody was a great pick, and that the only way for him to become an important part of our team is that we need to incorporate him into the rotation this year. The way to do this would be to make him a backup for PP because there is NO WAY he can play PF. He has showed that he is a worthy shooter and a good rebounder, so now we just have to teach him our defensive style. So now we are free to get a backup for Ray and another Center. Now this also means that i think we should NOT get Josh Howard! Sure he was good four years ago, but with all of his injuries he's played very little since then, and his numbers have been noticeably declining.

For Ray Ray, I really think we should use sheed's contract in an S&T to get Kurt Hinrich. He has good perimeter d and I think we all know that he's a good shot.

Now heres my favorite part, its a pretty doubtful idea, but if we could get Shaq to sign for the vet's minimum, i think we would have a solid team.

This leaves our lineup looking like this:

Rondo/Nate/Avery
Ray Ray/Hinrich
PP/Harangody
KG/BBD
JO/Shaq/Perk

Thats a solid big man team with great defence(aside from Gody).
Perk could obviously start once he returns, and JO could also play PF.

Lemme know whatcha think of this.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 02:08:22 PM by Blooroo22 »

Re: The perfect pickups: Hinrich and Shaq
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 02:11:50 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
I think it's more likely that Gody gets traded than is the backup SF in the C's rotation this year. I like him, I think he *might* have a future in the NBA, but in the C's in "win now" mode I think he is seen as a more useful trade asset than as an immediately useful player.

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 02:13:42 PM »

Offline Blooroo22

• Jordan Walsh
I see what you mean. Do you think Shaq would sign though?

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 02:18:21 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
I don't know if the salary slots match up, but Hinrich for Sheed's contract would be an outstanding move.

Mike

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 02:19:31 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I don't get it. Shaq? JO, Perk and Shaq? I suppose that can work if we are guaranteed one is injured at all times.

The backup 3 is far more important than Shaq, and we still don't have that.

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 02:23:56 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
I don't get it. Shaq? JO, Perk and Shaq? I suppose that can work if we are guaranteed one is injured at all times.

The backup 3 is far more important than Shaq, and we still don't have that.

All I can think about is a backup 3. Somebody who can score (this is going to be a problem again next year) and defend.

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 02:28:35 PM »

Offline Blooroo22

• Jordan Walsh
I don't know if the salary slots match up, but Hinrich for Sheed's contract would be an outstanding move.

Mike

Their salaries were very similar last year. We could tack on a draft pick if need be.

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 02:37:12 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

Mike

Their salaries were very similar last year. We could tack on a draft pick if need be.

People seem so quick to give up our draft picks but then lament the fact that we have no developing talent..
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 04:01:35 PM »

Offline Blooroo22

• Jordan Walsh

Mike

People seem so quick to give up our draft picks but then lament the fact that we have no developing talent..

Well i plan on us keeping Bradley and Gody, and to me, its more important that this group of guys get one more ring before they have to hang it up.