Author Topic: Forget Josh Howard. What about Matt Barnes?  (Read 7486 times)

Re: Forget Josh Howard. What about Matt Barnes?
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2010, 11:23:41 PM »

Offline dpaps

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 88
I'd love either of these guys. Barnes is a better defender, but Howard used to be pretty good too. Howard is definitely the better offensive player. Howard would be bigger risk vs bigger reward. By that I mean that I think Howard would have a better chance of giving us nothing, but also could be great. With Barnes we'd pretty much know what we're getting. A good tough defender.

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2010, 11:57:14 PM »

Offline Rashi

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
Actually forget both...how about Earl Barron ??

He will be 30 before the season starts. He is 7 ft tall and last season averaged about 11 rebounds and 11 pts per game.

Not to mention last season in one of the games against us he scored 17 pts and grabbed 18 rebounds.

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2010, 12:17:03 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
He will be 30 before the season starts. He is 7 ft tall and last season averaged about 11 rebounds and 11 pts per game.
You realize this average is for the grand total of 7 games with the Knicks, right? And that by his 30th year Barron has played a little more than 1 NBA season's worth of games.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2010, 12:22:47 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Hard to wanna want a guy that was last seen getting thoroughly abused by Paul Pierce. But I do know he is a good player and teammate. However, the Celtics need a quality swingman with 'Sheed's contract, so unless it is for the vet min (which I doubt), I don't think it's a good idea. I also don't think Orlando would deal with us anyway.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2010, 12:24:12 AM »

Offline Rashi

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
You realize this average is for the grand total of 7 games with the Knicks, right? And that by his 30th year Barron has played a little more than 1 NBA season's worth of games.

Yeah I did see that, but why did he play for so little time?

I mean is he THAT injury prone or something? (sry I really didn't look much into it).

Anyways I just mentioned him, because he has shown potential, and it wouldn't hurt to pay him vet min. (I'd rather have him than Sheldon).

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2010, 12:38:28 AM »

Offline ben

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
i desperately want the celtics to at least make an offer to Matt Barnes.

Our starting five, with matt barnes and jermaine oneal off bench if/when perk is healthy, thats a great 7man rotation!  what the heck?  make an offer!

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2010, 01:07:56 AM »

Offline Kenhov

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 17

Yeah I did see that, but why did he play for so little time?

I mean is he THAT injury prone or something? (sry I really didn't look much into it).

Anyways I just mentioned him, because he has shown potential, and it wouldn't hurt to pay him vet min. (I'd rather have him than Sheldon).
http://www.ridiculousupside.com/2010/4/7/1409013/earl-barron-is-better-in-the-nba

Have a look.