Author Topic: Ronnie Brewer?  (Read 5918 times)

Re: Ronnie Brewer?
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2010, 02:42:10 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
Why is everyone so willing to trade Davis?  He is a key component to our bench, especially defensively.  BBD has great value to this team, plus is not paid alot. A keeper.
You have to trade something of value to get something of value.
I agree with that but digging a hole and using that sand to fill in the first hole still leaves you where you started. With a hole.

If we trade Baby for a wing then we need another big to fill his spot.
I tend to agree with you, but it is possible that Danny sees Luke Harangody as a cheaper Baby replacement. Keep one, trade the other. Baby has a lot more value around the league and a $3 million salary. Sheed+Baby+G+L matches with up to almost $14 million...that could be *two* good players, one young and one with a bad contract.

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2010, 03:10:36 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
i wonder why he and TA aren't s&t'd for each other? Brewer must want much more money or years, but can he really get it?
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2010, 03:12:00 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
i wonder why he and TA aren't s&t'd for each other? Brewer must want much more money or years, but can he really get it?

Thinking about that too. Wishing he could still be!

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2010, 03:13:11 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Tony wanted 3 years, $10 million.

Would have to think that a younger player or similar skill could command at least that much.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2010, 03:34:51 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Why is everyone so willing to trade Davis?  He is a key component to our bench, especially defensively.  BBD has great value to this team, plus is not paid alot. A keeper.
You have to trade something of value to get something of value.
I agree with that but digging a hole and using that sand to fill in the first hole still leaves you where you started. With a hole.

If we trade Baby for a wing then we need another big to fill his spot.
I tend to agree with you, but it is possible that Danny sees Luke Harangody as a cheaper Baby replacement. Keep one, trade the other. Baby has a lot more value around the league and a $3 million salary. Sheed+Baby+G+L matches with up to almost $14 million...that could be *two* good players, one young and one with a bad contract.

Danny is not trading Baby before he sees if Luke can actually play in the NBA and be effective.  I doubt he'd be as good defensively as Baby, I just don't see it.  Defense is where the Celtics make their mark. 
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2010, 03:52:57 PM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Gody will never be a BBD replacement because they play different positions. BBD is a 4/5 and Gody is a 3/4. I don't know why people think Gody can just replace BBD.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2010, 04:04:36 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Would have to think that a younger player or similar skill could command at least that much.

maybe. but it's debatable whether brewer is a better player, so I can't see him commanding substantially more.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2010, 04:07:59 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

maybe. but it's debatable whether brewer is a better player, so I can't see him commanding substantially more.

Agreed.

I wonder if Brewer would agree to a two-year deal at around $8 million total? Those numbers ought to allow for a mutual sign-and-trade of Brewer for Allen.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2010, 05:16:36 PM »

Offline paintitgreen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 154
Gody will never be a BBD replacement because they play different positions. BBD is a 4/5 and Gody is a 3/4. I don't know why people think Gody can just replace BBD.

Not to mention, I can't imagine the 52nd pick in the draft is ready to step in and replace a key bench player. Davis was also a second round pick, but if you recall, he didn't contribute much as a rookie and he has outperformed his draft status. Can we be sure Harongody will actually be more than a late second round pick, particularly his first year in the league? I think Davis is somebody we need to hold onto especially given the uncertainty surrounding Perkins.
Go Celtics.

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2010, 01:43:00 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406

Agreed.

I wonder if Brewer would agree to a two-year deal at around $8 million total? Those numbers ought to allow for a mutual sign-and-trade of Brewer for Allen.
I imagine the only reason Memphis went after TA instead of signing Ronnie Brewer is that Brewer's contract demands were deemed to be too high.

Ronnie Brewer's reputation is superior to Tony Allen's. He will be able to command more money on the market than TA.