Author Topic: Ronnie Brewer?  (Read 5916 times)

Ronnie Brewer?
« on: July 11, 2010, 01:40:15 PM »

Offline JoeRowe23

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7
What if we picked up Ronnie Brewer? He’s a high quality defender with length and size. He also has some great fundamentals on defense and on offense he’s similar to Tony though (cutting, motion offense). We could trade BBD and Sheeds contract for a taller, better Garnett back up (save his knees) and sign Nate back to score off the bench. There seems to be no wings out there other then Bulter and I doubt any team wants to trade their scoring wing players for Sheed’s contract.  Ronnie can play small forward and give Pierce some minutes on the bench so he can score on the opposite end and not be tired. Also with the Miami Trio starting to shape up we’ll need more then Tony off the bench to defend. What do you guys think????

Re: Ronnie Brewer?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 01:43:07 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
No more players that can't shoot.  I'd rather just keep Tony instead of trading assets for a Tony clone.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 02:11:31 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Why is everyone so willing to trade Davis?  He is a key component to our bench, especially defensively.  BBD has great value to this team, plus is not paid alot. A keeper.

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 02:17:27 PM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Why is everyone so willing to trade Davis?  He is a key component to our bench, especially defensively.  BBD has great value to this team, plus is not paid alot. A keeper.

Exactly. BBD is right now our best bench player. He can come in and give you spot starts and no one is going to offer him a big contract because he is too short to start. Pretty good situation.

No more players that can't shoot.  I'd rather just keep Tony instead of trading assets for a Tony clone.

And Brewer is not a TA clone. He has a high offensive IQ and can consistently hit spot up jumpers inside the 3 pt line.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 02:27:27 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Danny has said we need more shooting so expect that to be a big requirement for whichever wing he chases. Thats probably the reason Daniels didn't workout and most likely isn't coming back. We had no playable shooters on our bench last season, unless you count Sheed.

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 02:40:14 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
Ronnie Brewer isn't up to much as a small forward due to his lack of rebounding (3.9 per 36 for his career). He fares better as a big two guard as a result.

Brewer is an excellent team defender but his man-to-man defense still leaves a lot to be desired. Definitely not a stopper. Not (man to man D) where his defensive abilities lie.

Tony Allen is a vastly superior one-on-one defender + superior overall defender + a much better rebounder.

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 03:10:26 PM »

Offline JoeRowe23

• Oshae Brissett
Sorry guys, just trying to bounce some ideas off the wall...

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 04:26:16 PM »

Offline JoeRowe23

• Oshae Brissett
Nevermind. We need someone like with Tony going to the grizz.....brewer can learn more on D from the team. I say we should look at him

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 05:07:10 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
I wonder if TA has heart set on Memphis if we could lure Ronnie Brewer for a sign and trade.

Brewer not the destructive presence TA is defensively, but he's a heckuvva lot better than the vet min options.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2010, 05:28:16 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I wouldnt mind seeing a sign and trade involving Tony for Brewer. He is a pretty good player and would provide a great spark off the bench at the SG position. Plus he has a much higher bball IQ than Tony, especially on the offensive end which is a huge plus. Not saying he is an offensive superstar but he is definitely less of a liability with the ball than Tony.

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 02:12:36 PM »

Offline Blooroo22

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 3
There is no reason to trade Big Baby! He is our best bench player hands down.

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 02:26:16 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
You have to trade something of value to get something of value.

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 02:31:29 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
You have to trade something of value to get something of value.
I agree with that but digging a hole and using that sand to fill in the first hole still leaves you where you started. With a hole.

If we trade Baby for a wing then we need another big to fill his spot.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010, 02:35:48 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I wouldnt mind seeing a sign and trade involving Tony for Brewer. He is a pretty good player and would provide a great spark off the bench at the SG position. Plus he has a much higher bball IQ than Tony, especially on the offensive end which is a huge plus. Not saying he is an offensive superstar but he is definitely less of a liability with the ball than Tony.

Agreed. If we are losing Tony, I would hope we could get Brewer in exchange.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2010, 02:37:05 PM »

Offline sk7326

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 24
Good role player - that said, with Matthews to Portland, there's probably a real chance he might go back to Utah.  But Boston would be very smart to look at him.  Can't shoot, but good defender and low mistake player.