Author Topic: Rumors: Redick, Miller & Morrow gone  (Read 9340 times)

Rumors: Redick, Miller & Morrow gone
« on: July 10, 2010, 04:47:44 AM »

Offline Jack_Frost

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 52
Sigh

1) The Bulls have extended an offer sheet to restricted free agent J.J. Redick.

A league source said "it would be painful for the Magic to match."

Yahoo! is reporting that Redick's offer sheet would be worth $19 million over three seasons.

2) Mike Miller's expected contract with the Heat will be in the range of $25 million over five seasons, according to a league source.

LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh have presumably taken less money in order to save room for Miller.

3) Anthony Morrow has reached agreement on a three-year, $12 million offer sheet with the New Jersey Nets, league sources told Yahoo! Sports on Friday night.

The Golden State Warriors aren’t expected to match the offer, a league source said.

So i understand why Danny is after Eddie...

Re: Rumors: Redick, Miller & Morrow gone
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 05:46:40 AM »

Offline stylo617617

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
but cmon how about
option 1:Josh Childress(s&t)
option 2:Leonardo Barbosa(trade sheedss con tract)
option 3:Josh howard(trade sheed's contract)
option 4:BIG AL!!! he's our last option if we dnt pick up one of these guyss and if childress or howard end up in MIA imma be p---ED!

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 05:47:25 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
3) Anthony Morrow has reached agreement on a three-year, $12 million offer sheet with the New Jersey Nets, league sources told Yahoo! Sports on Friday night.

The Golden State Warriors aren’t expected to match the offer, a league source said.

3 years, 12mil?  Sounds like an MLE contract to me.

If true, I think we screwed up jumping the gun on signing Jermaine O'Neal with our MLE.  Anthony Morrow would have been a much better use of the MLE, especially if Varejo becomes available from Ceveland.  Varejo is pretty close to as good as J.O..  Besides, I think we overpaid for J.O. anyways.  If he really wanted to play for a contender he should have been willing to take the vet. minimum.  Then we could have had J.O. AND Varejo.

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 06:23:23 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

3 years, 12mil?  Sounds like an MLE contract to me.

If true, I think we screwed up jumping the gun on signing Jermaine O'Neal with our MLE.  Anthony Morrow would have been a much better use of the MLE, especially if Varejo becomes available from Ceveland.  Varejo is pretty close to as good as J.O..  Besides, I think we overpaid for J.O. anyways.  If he really wanted to play for a contender he should have been willing to take the vet. minimum.  Then we could have had J.O. AND Varejo.

Big man was highest priority... that means you have to jump on it. I’m sure Danny would have loved to wait it out, but The Celtics weren’t the only team calling.

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 06:31:52 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
it looks like Morrow is the first good signing of the offseason, atleast value wise.

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 07:13:10 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
it looks like Morrow is the first good signing of the offseason, atleast value wise.
... which is why the Warriors would be nuts not to match the offer.

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 07:17:19 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
People continue to overvalue Anthony Morrow. He's a 6'5 Eddie House. Is Eddie House worth 4 million per year?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 07:35:32 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
People continue to overvalue Anthony Morrow. He's a 6'5 Eddie House. Is Eddie House worth 4 million per year?

If Eddie House had legitimate shooting guard size, in his prime then absolutely.  Maybe not in this stage of his career, but if Eddie had the size where he could legitimately play the offguard, not be shoehorned into the PG spot, he'd EASILY have been worth $4M per. 

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2010, 07:39:52 AM »

Offline rkls134

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3

3 years, 12mil?  Sounds like an MLE contract to me.

If true, I think we screwed up jumping the gun on signing Jermaine O'Neal with our MLE.  Anthony Morrow would have been a much better use of the MLE, especially if Varejo becomes available from Ceveland.  Varejo is pretty close to as good as J.O..  Besides, I think we overpaid for J.O. anyways.  If he really wanted to play for a contender he should have been willing to take the vet. minimum.  Then we could have had J.O. AND Varejo.

I would guess that Morrow didn't want to come of the bench. He'll be able to start in NJ.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 08:02:22 AM by rkls134 »

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2010, 07:54:29 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...

If Eddie House had legitimate shooting guard size, in his prime then absolutely.  Maybe not in this stage of his career, but if Eddie had the size where he could legitimately play the offguard, not be shoehorned into the PG spot, he'd EASILY have been worth $4M per. 

My thoughts exactly.

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2010, 08:01:35 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I wonder -- is a 6'5 player that plays no defense visually more appealing than a 6'1 player that plays no defense? Because I really can't find other advantages.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2010, 08:02:04 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Your statement is true.  But if Big Baby were 7ft tall, he'd be worth $14mil per year.  Increase the size of anyone and their value goes up.

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2010, 10:15:32 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
I wonder -- is a 6'5 player that plays no defense visually more appealing than a 6'1 player that plays no defense? Because I really can't find other advantages.

He'd be a better defender against the shooting guards he SHOULD be matched up with.  He tries, but he gets outquicked by a lot of PGs.  Besides, not every player on the roster will be a lockdown defender, that doesn't mean that they aren't valuable.  Look at shooting guards like Kevin Martin, or hell - look at the contract Kyle Korver just signed.  Defenders don't get much worse than Kyle Korver, but he's still considered an MLE-level player because of his shot.

How would a (theoretical, in his prime) 6'5" Eddie House be any worse a player than Kyle Korver?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 10:21:25 AM by the_Bird »

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2010, 10:37:11 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
it would really hurt orlando to lose redick. but he could prolly start in chicago and get more $$

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2010, 10:58:48 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
I'm waiting, but it sure seems like Danny is "pretending" to shop sheed's contract, then they'll just let it expire to save money. If so, that's a terrible basketball move. it sure seems like he could jump in with sheed's contract plus a second rounder for redick, or Morrow, or Miller, etc. and enticed the trading team into at least getting second rounder instead of not getting anything for letting their FA walk.

Basically, he seems to be letting a lot of players pass him by.

Looking at what Morrow, for example, is signing for, seems like danny should have been more active in shopping sheed's deal for a big man (like the other Al Jefferson threads have mentioned), then using the MLE on a wing. Hopefully he's working hard and is close to inducing a s&t or straight trade with Sheed's deal, but no smoke yet.