Author Topic: Trade Sheed's deal for Garcia and a 2011 2nd Round Pick  (Read 4318 times)

Trade Sheed's deal for Garcia and a 2011 2nd Round Pick
« on: July 09, 2010, 01:42:38 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
The market for a long wing who can 1) shoot, and / or 2) defend has pretty much dried up. Redick is still out there, but is out of the Cs financial reach (i hope he takes the 1 year qualifier). Korver's a good bet to sign with Chicago if the Bulls don't try to nab Redick.

Assuming the Cs agree neither is an option, and Rasual Butler won't cut the mustard, I'd offer Sheed's deal for Francisco Garcia and a 2011 2nd Round Pick from SAC.

He's the best defender of the above, can handle the ball a bit, an excellent (underrated) shooter, and a very good locker room guy. He's got 3 years, 17mil left on his deal which is pretty reasonable by current standards. Get a likely high 2nd rounder next year in the process so we can continue to build a young bench.

Anyone else on board? Again, the is prefaced on the idea that the Cs feel they've exhausted their options for others based on cost or availability using Sheed's deal....
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Re: Trade Sheed's deal for Garcia and a 2011 2nd Round Pick
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 01:49:00 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Totally on board.  He is one of my favorite college basketball players of all time.  (but so was keith van horn  :-\
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 02:21:16 PM »

Offline bballee

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 18
I agree Garcia would be a nice addition.  My question is this, what possible motivation is there for Sacramento to make this deal?  They have only 11 players, they are so far under the cap that they are pushing the area in which they have to pay the league for having such a low salary investment, both draft picks are big men, they have only four swingmen on the roster and Garcia is the primary backup at both SG and SF.

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 02:22:47 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I agree Garcia would be a nice addition.  My question is this, what possible motivation is there for Sacramento to make this deal?  They have only 11 players, they are so far under the cap that they are pushing the area in which they have to pay the league for having such a low salary investment, both draft picks are big men, they have only four swingmen on the roster and Garcia is the primary backup at both SG and SF.

Ditto.
I don't see the motivation from Sacto's p.o.v.
But I love the trade from Boston's pov.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 02:25:09 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Totally on board.  He is one of my favorite college basketball players of all time.  (but so was keith van horn  :-\

HEY! Van Horn was and still one of my fav NBA players. He did well for his skillset, not what NJ wanted with that lottery pick but still. Too bad he left the game to do real estate in Colorado.

But if we're gonna talk college studs to NBA busts, mention SHeldon first please.
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 02:39:34 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Ditto.
I don't see the motivation from Sacto's p.o.v.
But I love the trade from Boston's pov.

fair enough. the same reason i feel garcia's contract has become more reasonable likely applies to them. they may not throw in the pick, but they might be interested in spending the money elsewhere (reddick?).....
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 02:42:18 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I think Danny can get more. :-\
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 02:44:27 PM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41

HEY! Van Horn was and still one of my fav NBA players. He did well for his skillset, not what NJ wanted with that lottery pick but still. Too bad he left the game to do real estate in Colorado.

But if we're gonna talk college studs to NBA busts, mention SHeldon first please.

Kwame stands insulted

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 02:46:27 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

Kwame stands insulted

Kwame didnt go to college...
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 08:00:53 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Now that Randolph is in NYK, I'd like to get Jason Thompson from Sactown, along with Garcia. Sheed/Davis for Garcia/Thompson works in the trade machine, and the Celtics would have KG/JO/Thompson/Perk/Kwame?. Not bad of a frontcourt, with good future in Perk and Thompson. I like Davis, but Thompson is arguably better right now. That would free some money for Sactown, and also playing time for Cousins/Whiteside. The kings would be great down low, with Dalembert,Landry,Cousins,Davis and Whiteside.

The only bad thing about this is Garcia's contract, but if he plays like he is able to, he'd be a steal, and Thompson could be the future of the Celtics.

pipedream?

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 08:16:10 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Yeah I proposed a Sheed and a sign and trade of Nate Robinson for Thompson and Garcia elsewhere. There isn't a lot of reason for Sactown to do this other than securing a very good back up PG and getting out from under a long term contract and opening up space for the new bigs, so maybe a first round future pick would be needed in this deal as well.

But there are definitely wings on the market that could fit in nicely in Sacramento like Rasual Butler, Josh Childress, Marquis Daniels, Tracy McGrady, Ronnie Brewer, Josh Howard, Richard Jefferson, Dorrell Wright and Antoine Wright that the Kings still can sign and bring aboard.

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 08:41:29 PM »

Offline stylo617617

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
crazyy trade sheeds contract for barbosa or s&t for childress

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2010, 08:16:36 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
...But there are definitely wings on the market that could fit in nicely in Sacramento like Rasual Butler, Josh Childress, Marquis Daniels, Tracy McGrady, Ronnie Brewer, Josh Howard, Richard Jefferson, Dorrell Wright and Antoine Wright that the Kings still can sign and bring aboard.
not sure what the man-love is all about for Garcia.  I guess I haven't seen him play much, but I like a lot of these other option better starting with Butler (better defender), Childress, the Wright boys.  McGrady is too old, and R-Jeff is likely gonna get overpaid by one of the Bron-sweeps losers.

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2010, 08:46:07 AM »

Offline thebirdman

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 31
If his deal ended in 2012 it would be worth discussing...

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2010, 09:22:16 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
...But there are definitely wings on the market that could fit in nicely in Sacramento like Rasual Butler, Josh Childress, Marquis Daniels, Tracy McGrady, Ronnie Brewer, Josh Howard, Richard Jefferson, Dorrell Wright and Antoine Wright that the Kings still can sign and bring aboard.
not sure what the man-love is all about for Garcia.  I guess I haven't seen him play much, but I like a lot of these other option better starting with Butler (better defender), Childress, the Wright boys.  McGrady is too old, and R-Jeff is likely gonna get overpaid by one of the Bron-sweeps losers.
Yeah, I like a lot of those guys too but most if not all will not be available to us because their team won't do a sign and trade for Rasheed's contract.