Author Topic: Lamelo Ball not performing well in interviews  (Read 2271 times)

Lamelo Ball not performing well in interviews
« on: October 30, 2020, 04:28:21 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Lamelo Ball is reportedly struggling during his pre-draft interviews, sources told Rick Bonnell of The Charlotte Observer.

"Here is what I’m hearing from the league at large: LaMelo Ball is not performing very well at job interviews. I’ve heard that from multiple sources. He is not improving his perception via job interview.

"There are people drafting later in the top ten who were not preparing for the possibility of Ball still being around ... there are teams later in the top ten who are doing more research on him," said Bonnell on Sports Radio WFNZ (h/t Pro Basketball Talk).

Ball met with the Wolves on Tuesday, and will interview with the Warriors next week.
https://www.radio.com/wfnz/sports/charlotte-hornets/hornets-might-expect-lamelo-to-fall

Imagine if the knicks draft ball and sign Carmelo. Ball hog city  :laugh: :laugh:

Re: Lamelo Ball not performing well in interviews
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 05:10:36 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I put no stock in those reports at all.  Even if it is true he isn't performing well, it might very well be intentional.  Players have been doing that forever if they don't want to go someplace.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 06:37:19 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I posted this in draft buzz thread

Another wrinkle to add to the draft Buzz

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/10/29/rumor-lamelo-ball-struggling-in-interviews-could-slip-in-draft/

Multiple reports are out that Ball is blowing interviews. Alex Kennedy on his podcast weeks ago said that Ball was not giving very inspired media interviews. It appears that is also the case for team interviews.

He has reportedly met or will be meeting with Minn, GS, Hornets and Bulls.
If he blows all 4 interviews it will be interesting to see how fare he falls.

I would guess Pistons dont let him past #7

Knicks at #8 make sense as his floor but if attitude is an issue how long does Thibs put up with that? If he falls outside top 4 do they make a move up to get ahead of Detriot?
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2020, 08:21:07 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Big surprise ::)

Shouldn't even be a top 10 pick.  Overrated just like his brother.

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2020, 08:26:55 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
I put no stock in those reports at all.  Even if it is true he isn't performing well, it might very well be intentional.  Players have been doing that forever if they don't want to go someplace.
Blowing the top 4 teams interviews could cost him $20M+ on his rookie contract. This contract might be the biggest contract he signs during his career so blowing up interviews might be a dumb strategy  unles he thinks a specific team will help him develop into an all star

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2020, 10:24:15 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Blowing the top 4 teams interviews could cost him $20M+ on his rookie contract. This contract might be the biggest contract he signs during his career so blowing up interviews might be a dumb strategy  unles he thinks a specific team will help him develop into an all star

he d be a star in boston , Brad can make you into one.  ;D

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2020, 10:46:49 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
eh.  If he ends up in NY (or Chicago) he will make significantly more than that in endorsements, merch, etc.  I'd try to get to Chicago if I was him (or any of the top players).  That seems like the best landing spot near the top of the draft.  Golden State is obviously a winning franchise, but they easily could trade the pick and playing time is going to be far more limited, especially for a guard/wing.  Tough spot for a rookie to land, especially when so much is tied to performance, playing time, etc.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2020, 11:37:14 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
eh.  If he ends up in NY (or Chicago) he will make significantly more than that in endorsements, merch, etc.  I'd try to get to Chicago if I was him (or any of the top players).  That seems like the best landing spot near the top of the draft.  Golden State is obviously a winning franchise, but they easily could trade the pick and playing time is going to be far more limited, especially for a guard/wing.  Tough spot for a rookie to land, especially when so much is tied to performance, playing time, etc.

Ball to NY would be a cash cow, he would be t face of the franchise and a front runner for ROY. His father would be all over the media and BBB would be pushing merchandise.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet