Author Topic: Melo and Knicks try to get into c's locker room after the game?  (Read 16018 times)

Re: Melo and Knicks try to get into c's locker room after the game?
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2013, 12:11:50 AM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
I guess I get Doc's point of view, but the Knicks are up what, six games on the Celtics?  Is it really Doc's job to protect other players?

I guess there is enough evidence already about Carmelo but seriously, it isn't your job Doc to protect people threatening to fight your team.

Apparantly it was Danny Ferry who contacted the NBA about Rondo's ref bump, so that was a jab at Ferry.

« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2013, 12:14:43 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I guess I get Doc's point of view, but the Knicks are up what, six games on the Celtics?  Is it really Doc's job to protect other players?

I guess there is enough evidence already about Carmelo but seriously, it isn't your job Doc to protect people threatening to fight your team.

Why should Doc have said anything to implicate Melo? The NY media will do it for him, and Doc keeps his hands clean.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2013, 12:18:06 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I've seen Melo get ticked and go off a few times this season. The pattern that I notice is that he seems more upset about having bad shooting nights then actually losing. People like to give Lebron a lot of flack, but this is the guy you should hate. He's just a grade a...

« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2013, 12:21:47 AM »

Offline wahz

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 101
http://www.beyondthebuzzer.com/2013/01/07/report-carmelo-anthony-has-outburst-outside-of-celtics-locker-room/

I don't know how reliable they are, but they do have video of marsh-melo going to the C's locker room.
I would love to be a fly on the wall in that tunnel.  ;D

Per #NYK broadcast Melo-KG allegedly got into it in the MSG tunnel postgame

— Mike Mazzeo (@MazzESPN) January 8, 2013

Holy crap..Wally Szerbiak commenting on KG? Wally, who KG wanted to strangle in the showers in Minnesota back in the day? Wally is going to comment on this for NY media? Sheesh...what a world this is...

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2013, 12:22:07 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Where's the suspension? The outrage?
Are you serious? The league is supposed to issue a suspension  at midnight?

???

« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2013, 12:22:32 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
If KG had done this to Melo David Stern would've personally called a press conference to announce his outrage, burned down KG's house, kicked his dog, pooped in his shoes, and retroactively nullified Carmelo's 15-game suspension from a few years back. 

Someone would probably try and remind him that he's not actually in charge of suspensions, but he would just smirk at them, briefly fart the Green Acres theme song, have Adam Silver hand him a mic so he could drop it on the floor, and do a three-step handshake with THE MEDIA on his way out the door.

Swap KG with Rondo here, as of late, but regardless: TP for you sir.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2013, 12:22:54 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Someone watch the game back (cant remember what quarter but it was first half), Melo was arguing with the ref and brushed up against him (Brothers)... same thing RR did. I guess I was the only one to see it but I wish someone could get video of it. I was mad in chat that I was the only one who saw it...

I said the same thing when I saw this too! "Whoa wait thats the same thing Rondo 'did'." It was literally the same brush up if not "worse" than Rondo's.

« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2013, 12:23:11 AM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210

Why should Doc have said anything to implicate Melo? The NY media will do it for him, and Doc keeps his hands clean.

I guess I don't get the "hands clean."  How is it dirtying your hands to say, "yeah I was walking into the locker room and I guess it was Carmelo yelling stuff at our guys.  It got pretty intense and I just got my guys out of there before anything really bad happened."

If there isn't video of it, then it will definitely get downplayed by the league.  They don't want their scoring champ looking badly.

« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2013, 12:24:46 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
melo cant let his game do the talking cuz pierce and green did work on him.

« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2013, 12:25:40 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
If KG had done this to Melo David Stern would've personally called a press conference to announce his outrage, burned down KG's house, kicked his dog, pooped in his shoes, and retroactively nullified Carmelo's 15-game suspension from a few years back. 

Someone would probably try and remind him that he's not actually in charge of suspensions, but he would just smirk at them, briefly fart the Green Acres theme song, have Adam Silver hand him a mic so he could drop it on the floor, and do a three-step handshake with THE MEDIA on his way out the door.
Why would you post this? It makes no sense since it is Melo who got a 15 game suspension from the league office, not KG.

Perhaps things are different in fantasy land where the league hates the Celtics.

« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2013, 12:27:45 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

I guess I don't get the "hands clean."  How is it dirtying your hands to say, "yeah I was walking into the locker room and I guess it was Carmelo yelling stuff at our guys.  It got pretty intense and I just got my guys out of there before anything really bad happened."

If there isn't video of it, then it will definitely get downplayed by the league.  They don't want their scoring champ looking badly.
You're thinking LeBron Stern's darling baby poster child of the NBA bet Carmelo gets a suspension fined for sure.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2013, 12:29:31 AM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell

Why would you post this? It makes no sense since it is Melo who got a 15 game suspension from the league office, not KG.

Perhaps things are different in fantasy land where the league hates the Celtics.

Wasn't that for something he did to the Knicks and not for them?  Not sure how that helped the Celtics in your fantasy land.

« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2013, 12:37:08 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

The most likely scenario is that Doc doesn't think it's all that big a deal and doesn't want to get too involved.

But if we want to get all speculative and machivalian about it, Doc attaches a funny tongue in cheek quote to the incident on his behalf, and still gets to do it without being an informing source. So he looks coy and funny, while the NY media and others actually recount the incident in detail, keeping the story about Melo, wihout quoting him as a source.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2013, 12:38:59 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Carmelo Anthony waited for Kevin Garnett near the Celtics team bus, an eyewitness tells the Daily News.

Five NYPD officers, MSG security and Mike Woodson were near the bus to make sure the scene did not get out of control, the New has learned.

According to the eyewitness, Garnett didn't understand why Carmelo was waiting for him near the bus.

Mike Woodson played a big role in making sure that Carmelo left peacefully. Garnett wasn't looking for trouble and got on the bus.

Frank Isola via Twitter.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2013, 12:39:40 AM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
I guess I haven't seen a recount in detail so I'm wanting details.  Probably have to wait for tomorrow's papers I guess.