Author Topic: Nets Imploding Already?  (Read 42056 times)

Re: Nets Imploding Already?
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2021, 04:36:23 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1440
Out again vs OKC. Wow... Does he still get paid for these games that he doesn’t feel like playing?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/nets-kyrie-irving-remains-out-sunday/amp/ :'(
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2021, 04:48:39 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2959
  • On To Banner 18!
Out again vs OKC. Wow... Does he still get paid for these games that he doesn’t feel like playing?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/nets-kyrie-irving-remains-out-sunday/amp/ :'(

Kyrie seemed to pack it in last season when KD was out and missed a lot of time. Now KD misses time to quarantine and Kyrie decides not to play. L.O.L
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2021, 05:17:22 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Has he cut off one of his ears yet?

« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2021, 05:50:38 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

He shouldn’t but he will.

« Reply #94 on: January 10, 2021, 05:59:47 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
So if Durant is out, Kyrie is not going to play?? Wow..feel sorry for Steve Nash and others who got to put up with his foolishness
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #95 on: January 10, 2021, 07:02:20 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Kyrie is going to be using some PTA off whenever he feels like it. First healthy year with his team and he is proving to be quite the prima donna. I would hate to be in a war with him at my back or side. Just incredible.

« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2021, 07:32:44 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
He just didn't want to play but I bet his official statement will be a tweet tomorrow where he mentions yesterdays riots and says life is more important than basketball, and that basketball is just a game... which will kind of contradict the fact that he keeps calling himself an artist.

You nailed it. According to sources he's not interested in playing because of the storming of the Capital.

The artist will not perform for us under such conditions. The artist also has a NO Refund policy all sales final!
ok fine

« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2021, 08:33:26 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1373
Wonder how Burner feels with Artist's continued absence.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2021, 09:17:23 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

Kyrie seemed to pack it in last season when KD was out and missed a lot of time. Now KD misses time to quarantine and Kyrie decides not to play. L.O.L

first time kd or his girlfriend break a fingernail ....neither will play ...they are not serious about the sport anymore

« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2021, 09:46:38 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1440
“ The Nets have elected not to elaborate on Irving's absence, with coach Steve Nash saying Friday that he has communicated with the All-Star guard but wanted to keep those conversations private. Asked whether he was satisfied with Irving's communication level, Nash again said he wanted to keep that private, a sentiment he continued before the Nets faced the Thunder.

"All the communication with Ky between the organization I'm going to keep private," Nash said Sunday, "but I'm sure you'll hear from him at some point."

Asked whether he had any idea of a timeline on Irving's return, Nash said he did not.

Irving had started Brooklyn's first seven games, averaging 27.1 , 6.1 assists, and 5.3 rebounds.

"I don't worry about (Irving) falling out of rhythm,'' Nash said. "He's a brilliant basketball player.''
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2021, 12:00:47 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
Has he cut off one of his ears yet?

Gold.

« Reply #101 on: January 11, 2021, 07:37:23 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
He just didn't want to play but I bet his official statement will be a tweet tomorrow where he mentions yesterdays riots and says life is more important than basketball, and that basketball is just a game... which will kind of contradict the fact that he keeps calling himself an artist.

You nailed it. According to sources he's not interested in playing because of the storming of the Capital.

The artist will not perform for us under such conditions. The artist also has a NO Refund policy all sales final!
Howard Stern frequently mentions a time when he went to see a concert by the artist formerly known as Prince (when he changed his name to a symbol).  The artist wasn't happy with something so he had the lighting people shut all the lights off and the artist performed in the dark.  Howard was furious and went home.  I wonder if Irving performing in the dark for his first game back would help him ease back into it?  It might help.

« Reply #102 on: January 11, 2021, 11:09:41 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
So Kevin Durant is basically Kyrie's spokesperson I guess. Says Kyrie is on "personal leave" and that he and the Nets support him 100%.

I have no problem with Kyrie wanting to miss 1-2 games after the events of last week. But not telling your coach straight up that you just don't feel like playing, and doing this for more than a week now?? Unless he's doing some secret humanitarian project right now or there's something serious that happened with his family (hope not), there's no excuse for it. I'm sure a lot of guys around the league would love to just skip work for more than a week because they feel like it.

And if something else happens in the future related to U.S. current events, is Kyrie going to decide to take time off again?

« Reply #103 on: January 11, 2021, 12:25:44 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
So Kevin Durant is basically Kyrie's spokesperson I guess. Says Kyrie is on "personal leave" and that he and the Nets support him 100%.

I have no problem with Kyrie wanting to miss 1-2 games after the events of last week. But not telling your coach straight up that you just don't feel like playing, and doing this for more than a week now?? Unless he's doing some secret humanitarian project right now or there's something serious that happened with his family (hope not), there's no excuse for it. I'm sure a lot of guys around the league would love to just skip work for more than a week because they feel like it.

And if something else happens in the future related to U.S. current events, is Kyrie going to decide to take time off again?

You sid you have no problem with him missing 1-2 games after the events of last week, then you seem to question any future occurence in your last sentence. Which is it?

« Reply #104 on: January 11, 2021, 02:15:17 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

You sid you have no problem with him missing 1-2 games after the events of last week, then you seem to question any future occurence in your last sentence. Which is it?

Yeah, "1-2 games". Not 1+ week and more than 4-5 games, which Kyrie seems to be on track for.

According to sources, Kyrie's currently "off the radar" which seems ominous.