Author Topic: Referring to Miami as the "cHeat" isn't cool  (Read 18669 times)

Re: Referring to Miami as the "cHeat" isn't cool
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2013, 01:19:26 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Better than Celtics with a d at the end.

I honestly could care less about who has nicknames for any team.

I actually find the Celtics one kind of funny.

« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2013, 01:52:15 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
The c stands for collusion.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2013, 01:55:16 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Reality is they're not doing the cheating...The NBA is.

They're virtually unwatchable.

« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2013, 02:20:47 PM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
It begs the question: What exactly is it that a man can say that makes him 'cool' on an Internet forum dedicated to the Boston Celtics? I'm not asking for me, just for a friend of course.

Whatever I decide, in my own threads, of course

It's a public forum even if you start your own threads.

You can't force people to stop using a word. Whether it makes them "cool" or "uncool" in your eyes is irrelevant.

At the end of the day, its not a derogatory/racist/offensive word.

It's just word play.

I'll call them the Miami cHeat whenever I feel like it.

Never once told anyone to stop. Just expressing my disdain for it. This is a public forum, as you say. I am entitled to my opinions. and I am VERY opinionated  8)

Assumptions getting tossed around left and right here...

« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2013, 02:25:18 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I don't have a problem with cHeat because I think it fits.  I've used the term several times myself.

I think Stern should have done something about the blatant collusion between Bron, Bosh and Wade to create a 'superteam'.  If an owner tried tampering with a player on another team to get them to join his team, there'd be major repercussions.  Same should have happened to those 3.

« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2013, 02:46:58 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
I don't have a problem with cHeat because I think it fits.  I've used the term several times myself.

I think Stern should have done something about the blatant collusion between Bron, Bosh and Wade to create a 'superteam'.  If an owner tried tampering with a player on another team to get them to join his team, there'd be major repercussions.  Same should have happened to those 3.

If he did so...Why wouldn't he have done something about this year's lakers or the Garnett/Allen acquisitions?

Never know how that stuff is going to work out.

That's not the problem anyway...It's the overt biased officiating.

« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2013, 02:51:16 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

If he did so...Why wouldn't he have done something about this year's lakers or the Garnett/Allen acquisitions?

Never know how that stuff is going to work out.

That's not the problem anyway...It's the overt biased officiating.

Because those were all trades instead of free agent signings?  It's a lot tougher for players to collude to get traded to the same team than to sign with the same team.

« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2013, 02:53:21 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I sure wish Kevin Garnett and many other players would stop being childish/juvenile, Internet Police don't like it!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2013, 02:59:16 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
You can't stop a player from taking less money  ::)
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2013, 03:01:52 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I sure wish Kevin Garnett and many other players would stop being childish/juvenile, Internet Police don't like it!

Come on...Kevin Garnett is a bully, and a cheap-shot artist. But he's our bully and our cheap-shot artist. Across the interwebs you can see hyper-emotional fanboys freaking out about his antics on a game-by-game basis.

EDIT: On re-reading your comment maybe I misunderstood it. Are you saying that in-game trash talking should serve as a template for how we speak on the message boards? Because if so, Kevin Garnett is banned for language, Kobe is banned for homophobic slurs, Lance Stephenson is banned for trolling, and somehow Ron Artest is only getting a 4 day suspension. Yeah, maybe we should've banned him after the brawl, but now we've enabled a pattern and its kind of our fault we let his behavior get to this point, and honestly, this place just wouldn't be the same without him.

*Mod humor*
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 03:14:13 PM by IndeedProceed »

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2013, 03:18:36 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Lance Stephenson is banned for trolling

lol
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2013, 03:33:19 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald

Come on...Kevin Garnett is a bully, and a cheap-shot artist. But he's our bully and our cheap-shot artist. Across the interwebs you can see hyper-emotional fanboys freaking out about his antics on a game-by-game basis.

EDIT: On re-reading your comment maybe I misunderstood it. Are you saying that in-game trash talking should serve as a template for how we speak on the message boards? Because if so, Kevin Garnett is banned for language, Kobe is banned for homophobic slurs, Lance Stephenson is banned for trolling, and somehow Ron Artest is only getting a 4 day suspension. Yeah, maybe we should've banned him after the brawl, but now we've enabled a pattern and its kind of our fault we let his behavior get to this point, and honestly, this place just wouldn't be the same without him.

*Mod humor*

Name calling may be childish and juvenile but it's a part of sports and everyone does it!  This is a message board, why care about name calling when it's not offensive or against any of the rules. I'm not trying to be cool, I say the same stuff when I'm alone watching the game and much worse. Saying people are being juvenile and childish is classy, I guess...
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2013, 03:51:11 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

*Mod humor*

Name calling may be childish and juvenile but it's a part of sports and everyone does it!  This is a message board, why care about name calling when it's not offensive or against any of the rules. I'm not trying to be cool, I say the same stuff when I'm alone watching the game and much worse. Saying people are being juvenile and childish is classy, I guess...

Well, there are a couple of things I disagree with in your argument there, but to a larger point, I don't care if you call them the cHeat, I don't care if everyone calls them the cHeat, I don't care if you/everyone calls them the Fakers, or him LeBroid, or whatever. This goes for all nicknames that don't violate site rules.

To the disagreements, does Kevin Garnett really call the Heat the 'cHeat'? I really doubt that, in part because again, its not really a good joke, but in a larger part, because its not a scourging blast of profanity and eternal spite and venom meant to permanently scar their soul and in-bed self doubt and insecurity. Kevin Garnett is a trash talking professional, you'd think he'd hold himself to some pretty strict quality control there. I envision cue cards and a team of writers. It would also explain what Dave Chappelle has been doing for the last few years.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2013, 03:53:29 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

Quote from: CelticsBlog Forum Posting Rules
  • There is no need for name-calling or harassment of any poster. This includes behavior in all areas of Celticsblog, including forum posts, blog comments and personal messages. While we encourage lively debate there is no reason for anyone to disrespect a fellow poster's ideas.
  • Do not label fellow posters in a way that is likely to provoke a negative response.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2013, 04:01:30 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald

*Mod humor*

Well, there are a couple of things I disagree with in your argument there, but to a larger point, I don't care if you call them the cHeat, I don't care if everyone calls them the cHeat, I don't care if you/everyone calls them the Fakers, or him LeBroid, or whatever. This goes for all nicknames that don't violate site rules.

To the disagreements, does Kevin Garnett really call the Heat the 'cHeat'? I really doubt that, in part because again, its not really a good joke, but in a larger part, because its not a scourging blast of profanity and eternal spite and venom meant to permanently scar their soul and in-bed self doubt and insecurity. Kevin Garnett is a trash talking professional, you'd think he'd hold himself to some pretty strict quality control there. I envision cue cards and a team of writers. It would also explain what Dave Chappelle has been doing for the last few years.

Let's get real here, I NEVER said KG calls them the cHeat, I'm talking about name calling in general, it doesn't matter if it's profanity laden or not. My comment was not only to you but the whole idea of this thread. Next time I want to know if something is a good joke or not I'll be sure to ask you. Like I said in my first post, to each their own.