Author Topic: Marcus Morris Fires Rich Paul  (Read 9109 times)

Re: Marcus Morris Fires Rich Paul
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2019, 07:42:12 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Am I alone in loving this?

You are not alone.
not alone :)

so eager for the lebron era to be over.
lets move on.

It's Tacko Time
Yup

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2019, 08:01:38 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
funny....wonder if Bron told him to ignore  them ..thus the discontent ...they are not TEAM BRON type players .   Bron is manipulating player movement though whatever influence he holds over  Rich Paul.If he officially is acting part owner in a NBA agent thats a conflict of interest.  Man behind the scenes doing Brons bidding . 

Marcus is one not to let people boss him and he is not dumb .

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2019, 08:41:45 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
So Morris wasn't happy with MLE deal when that was all that was there until Bullock was injured and the Knicks freed up room.  he then re-negs on the deal and signs with the Knicks, yet this is the agent's fault. 

Noel opts out and then re-signs and then decides naw I don't want that before ultimately agreeing to basically the same deal.  Again the agent's fault. 

Seems like they didn't like bad press for their own decisions and made the agent the fall guy.  That is fine, but strikes me as spoiled brats being spoiled brats more than anything else (and let's be clear those 2 have histories of being spoiled brats).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2019, 08:59:38 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
So Morris wasn't happy with MLE deal when that was all that was there until Bullock was injured and the Knicks freed up room.  he then re-negs on the deal and signs with the Knicks, yet this is the agent's fault. 

Noel opts out and then re-signs and then decides naw I don't want that before ultimately agreeing to basically the same deal.  Again the agent's fault. 

Seems like they didn't like bad press for their own decisions and made the agent the fall guy.  That is fine, but strikes me as spoiled brats being spoiled brats more than anything else (and let's be clear those 2 have histories of being spoiled brats).

We don't know what happened. All we know is, both were unhappy with their agent.

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2019, 10:03:22 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

We don't know what happened. All we know is, both were unhappy with their agent.

Two guys that unhappy with their agent in the middle of free agency doesn't look good for the agent.

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2019, 02:49:29 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Rumors on Twitter say that Rich Paul convinced Marcus Morris to turn down a 3-4 year contract from Clippers worth 41 million dollars.

If the rumors are true, that would explain why Morris chose to fire Rich Paul.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2019, 03:02:33 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Rumors on Twitter say that Rich Paul convinced Marcus Morris to turn down a 3-4 year contract from Clippers worth 41 million dollars.

But did the Clippers have that type of money available after the Leonard signing and pg trade?

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2019, 07:54:59 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

But did the Clippers have that type of money available after the Leonard signing and pg trade?
I can't imagine they would.  But Boston probably could have sign and traded him since Kawhi announced before the signing period.  Of course, I have no idea what Boston would have received back unless they worked it into all of the other trades some how.

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2019, 07:56:44 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
And for the record, Bondy has already backed off his initial claim.  He now says Morris and Paul mutually split and Noel is actually still with Klutch Sports.

Just another terrible job of reporting all the way around.

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2019, 07:59:46 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
And for the record, Bondy has already backed off his initial claim.  He now says Morris and Paul mutually split and Noel is actually still with Klutch Sports.

Just another terrible job of reporting all the way around.

So Rich Paul fired Morris, then? Cause I don't know what a mutual split is in the middle of free agency.

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2019, 08:30:50 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Presumably this was before both of those things happening. The implication is Mook might think Paul told him to turn it down not because of better offers being out there but to try and weaken a competitor for Kawhi. Basically working against his own client's interests to bolster what LeBron and AD wanted.

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2019, 11:07:16 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Am I alone in loving this?

You are not alone.
not alone :)

so eager for the lebron era to be over.
lets move on.

It's Tacko Time

Johnny Most would have a heckuva time with Tacko.  :laugh:

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2019, 12:05:44 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

Presumably this was before both of those things happening. The implication is Mook might think Paul told him to turn it down not because of better offers being out there but to try and weaken a competitor for Kawhi. Basically working against his own client's interests to bolster what LeBron and AD wanted.

Morris sacrificed his "image" to beat Rich Paul and LeBron. I respect that then. I hate anything LeBron/Lakers/Rich Paul so there ya go!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2019, 12:12:39 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618

Morris sacrificed his "image" to beat Rich Paul and LeBron. I respect that then. I hate anything LeBron/Lakers/Rich Paul so there ya go!

This makes no sense at all. Doesn't Mook going to the Clippers make it harder for Kawhi and George to pull off their mega-team?
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2019, 12:33:02 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

This makes no sense at all. Doesn't Mook going to the Clippers make it harder for Kawhi and George to pull off their mega-team?

Yes but it'll also be easier for the lakers to pull of a bigger mega team.