Author Topic: Sensible and Doable in December? (Idea with Indy)  (Read 2009 times)

Sensible and Doable in December? (Idea with Indy)
« on: July 08, 2019, 10:48:10 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I convinced myself the C's would relax with the team they've got after last year's drama....and enjoy the good vibes of Hayward coming back strong, enjoying his friendship with Kemba Walker.

Then this idea popped into my head.  It's probably been brought up before, but I didn't see it.

If Hayward is plugging along nicely, doing Hayward like things, facilitating, etc.  Would Indy do:

Myles Turner and TJ Warren for Gordon Hayward and Robert Williams?
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y3rjm8hp

The Pacers not only drafted Bitadze, they also signed Kyle O'Quinn.  That gives them Sabonis, Turner, O'Quinn, Bitadze, Leaf...  Lots of bigs.

They signed TJ Warren, but IMO he's not a starting caliber SF.  He's more of a bench scorer I think.  Good player but they can do better. 

Turner would be our starting PF next to Kanter.  Hayward starting SF, his natural position, in his home state.

Boston:
Kemba, Smart, Edwards
Brown, Edwards, Langford
Tatum, Warren, Semi
Turner, G. Williams, Semi
Kanter, Poirier, Theis

Indy:
Brogdon
Oladipo
Hayward
Sabonis, Robert Williams, Leaf
Bitadze/O'Quinn

Our future is Tatum.  And Tatum and Hayward, though swings, are really both pure SF's.  I think positionally we need the three point shooting Turner and his defense on this team, especially next to offense oriented Kanter.

Re: Sensible and Doable in December? (Idea with Indy)
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 10:53:37 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25634
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Didn’t O’Quinn sign with Philly?

I think Indy signed Jeremy Lamb.

I don’t think that we are going to be able to trade GH for anything valuable until he reestablishes his value.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 11:08:52 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Indy is a natural trade partner because they have too many bigs and we don't have enough. From a matching perspective, it would be a lot easier to trade for Sabonis than Turner. I'd rather have Turner than Sabonis, but I think Sabonis will cost less.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 11:16:21 AM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
Dunno... if Hayward is back to form, we could make ourselves worse by trading him and probably make Indy better. Don't love that, even though Turner is real good. Sabonis is the more gettable big, possibly without costing too much, but still wouldn't be easy to obtain. Depends on what we look like a few months in. Indy wants to win in the playoffs.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 11:21:32 AM »

Offline Pvictor11

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 62
If Hayward is doing Hayward stuff again, you basically add an All star to your roster, so why trade him for a non all star who played against us in the last postseason and did nothing especial?
If Hayward comes back to form, I think we should enjoy his abilities not trade him. His skill set is more valuable tô us than Turner's.
Brazilian Celtic Fan!

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 11:37:45 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
If Hayward is doing Hayward stuff again, you basically add an All star to your roster, so why trade him for a non all star who played against us in the last postseason and did nothing especial?
If Hayward comes back to form, I think we should enjoy his abilities not trade him. His skill set is more valuable tô us than Turner's.
If Hayward returns to form, he's probably going to opt out after this season and potentially leave.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2019, 12:47:06 PM »

Offline MichiganAdam

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 16
If Hayward returns to form, he's probably going to opt out after this season and potentially leave.

That is not the end of the world if the jay's have stepped up.  Free up cash for a future FA contractthe next year.  Next years such though...so they would have to skip a year...

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2019, 01:01:10 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Myles Turner (C) just as out of position at PF as Hayward (SF) is at PF.

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2019, 04:28:44 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
Thanks for all the good responses.

Yes, if Hayward is playing really well.  Trading him becomes undesirable.

As for above, If Turner cannot play PF, he could start at center next to Grant Williams.  Turner would get the green light on his above average 3 point shot from the Center position.

A starting caliber PF who can defend his man as well as the paint would be so great balance wise....Denver traded for Jerami Grant...Any of their PF's worth trading for? 

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2019, 04:33:50 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

I don’t think that we are going to be able to trade GH for anything valuable until he reestablishes his value.
darn you and your darned facts roy!! !! how can any of us have any fun if you make us all worry about reality??
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2019, 04:54:57 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Turner is a stud for them and I doubt he is on the block.

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2019, 10:50:08 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker

darn you and your darned facts roy!! !! how can any of us have any fun if you make us all worry about reality??

Yes...When I said thanks for the good responses, I certainly didn't mean the one with the fact that killed the whole concept.   ;D