Author Topic: Keep The Nets Picks  (Read 707 times)

Keep The Nets Picks
« on: February 08, 2016, 10:04:16 AM »

Offline TheSlipperyWhistle

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
Seriously... unless the player coming back has Durant-like pedigree, please stop posting about trading the 2016 Nets Pick. First... the chemistry on this team right now is why they are winning. They are strong from 1-10. There is relatively minimal drop from first unit to second. Second... the core age of this team is relatively young. Players like Carmelo are not good fits for a long term (Golden State Esque) run at things. We need a young All Star. They don't grow on trees. But they all flow through the draft, where we need to pick ours up. I would gladly trade ANY NON-NETS FIRST ROUND PICKS for reasonable prices. The kids we have are developing nicely this year. Bradley's stroke, Crowder's Offense (defense was already there), Smart's Offense (coming alive in the past 5-6 games), Sully's consistency and rebounding, Olynyk's Stroke and his feel are both getting better, Thomas' all star nod. Add in some more young elite potential. Not only all of this BUT with the exception of Lee who's coming off the books at the end of the year, there are really no BAD contracts on this team.

Re: Keep The Nets Picks
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 10:40:47 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
100% agree.  A few weeks ago I woulda said trade it.  But you can't replace the chemistry.  We still need that one strong scorer, but I'd rather get someone that we can mold into the system and then develop.  I would love to get Ingram.

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 10:42:36 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
i've been saying that all along so far, but am bending a bit.  after watching demarc play recently, i might be inclined to deal that pick.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 10:52:40 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Until there is a star available, keep it.

If Cousins or Blake become available, offer it. 

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 10:58:51 AM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Until there is a star available, keep it.

If Cousins or Blake become available, offer it.

This, which has basically been DA's plan all along. The way this team is playing the trade deadline and offseason is a win win. Either grab a star with that pick now or in the offseason or draft high and add to our core.