Author Topic: Lowest finals viewership ever  (Read 8009 times)

Re: Lowest finals viewership ever
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2020, 04:39:07 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
The NBA powers that be basically decided with the AD situation, which should have been stopped by the league just like the Chris Paul to Lakers deal years ago, “oh, let’s get the Lakers and LeBron back in the Finals.“ They then had the refs carry out, “oh, and it’ll be neat if LeBron beats his old team the Heat and his old boss Pat Riley.”

I’m not watching it unless it’s game seven and the Heat are winning by 20 with 2 minutes to go. Most NBA fans are sick of the Lakers and LeBron.

« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2020, 04:51:22 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
The NBA powers that be basically decided with the AD situation, which should have been stopped by the league just like the Chris Paul to Lakers deal years ago, “oh, let’s get the Lakers and LeBron back in the Finals.“ They then had the refs carry out, “oh, and it’ll be neat if LeBron beats his old team the Heat and his old boss Pat Riley.”

I’m not watching it unless it’s game seven and the Heat are winning by 20 with 2 minutes to go. Most NBA fans are sick of the Lakers and LeBron.
There was no reason for the NBA to stop the AD trade.  Lakers made the best offer and NOP got a good return for AD.  Whether the NBA should have stopped the CP trade to the Lakers is very debatable. 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 05:05:07 AM by tazzmaniac »

« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2020, 05:27:55 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

There was no reason for the NBA to stop the AD trade.  Lakers made the best offer and NOP got a good return for AD.  Whether the NBA should have stopped the CP trade to the Lakers is very debatable.
the point is the nba thinks that the fans want to see lebron in the finals every year. It’s boring. Everyone hates lebron. Nba thinks he’s MJ (in terms of fan appeal) when he isn’t ... and the haters have stopped tuning in to “watch him lose” as he’s done that enough times satisfactorily

« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2020, 05:57:04 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

the point is the nba thinks that the fans want to see lebron in the finals every year. It’s boring. Everyone hates lebron. Nba thinks he’s MJ (in terms of fan appeal) when he isn’t ... and the haters have stopped tuning in to “watch him lose” as he’s done that enough times satisfactorily
Everyone doesn't hate Lebron.  Not even on here.  Lebron has a huge following.  If lower viewership were about Lebron, there wouldn't have been a drop in viewership of the playoff games that didn't include Lebron and the Lakers.

Edit - I do agree Lebron isn't MJ.  I'll be happy when Lebron and his contemporaries (Melo, CP, etc) are retired.  I like the new generation of young stars much better although I don't like the modern game. 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 06:41:38 AM by tazzmaniac »

« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2020, 05:29:29 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Everyone doesn't hate Lebron.  Not even on here.  Lebron has a huge following.  If lower viewership were about Lebron, there wouldn't have been a drop in viewership of the playoff games that didn't include Lebron and the Lakers.

Edit - I do agree Lebron isn't MJ.  I'll be happy when Lebron and his contemporaries (Melo, CP, etc) are retired.  I like the new generation of young stars much better although I don't like the modern game.
Big agree to this. Tatum, Brown, Luka, Giannis, Jokic, Adebayo, Mitchell, Morant, Sabonis, Murray, Fox, Zion, Trae, D-Book, KAT and SGA are great faces for the NBA moving forward. Like them much more than LBJ, Melo, CP3, Dwight, Wade, etc.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2020, 07:52:29 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

Big agree to this. Tatum, Brown, Luka, Giannis, Jokic, Adebayo, Mitchell, Morant, Sabonis, Murray, Fox, Zion, Trae, D-Book, KAT and SGA are great faces for the NBA moving forward. Like them much more than LBJ, Melo, CP3, Dwight, Wade, etc.

Lebron's generation is probably the softest generation in the NBA. Their predecessors were much more fierce and competitive to the point where they want to kill each other.

« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2020, 08:22:42 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Lebron's generation is probably the softest generation in the NBA. Their predecessors were much more fierce and competitive to the point where they want to kill each other.

The softest and by far the whiniest generation. A bunch of divas and crybabies.

« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2020, 10:40:33 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

The softest and by far the whiniest generation. A bunch of divas and crybabies.
Agree, really weak generation
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2020, 11:12:29 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
Thank god the heat won game 5 and made it somewhat interesting, I personally am watching because I’m an nba junkie and also agree with all their activism...lots of people don’t though.