Author Topic: Tatum, Brown among players most likely to be 1st time All-Stars as voted by ESPN  (Read 4632 times)

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
If the C's are on a 60 win pace by the break they will have 4 all stars, but I actually believe it will be Big Al who will be the odd man out.  With the offensive emergence and continued growth of Tatum and Brown, he's going to have the least "sexy" numbers.  He'll be the one making the most personal sacrifices for the offense. 

So I'm gonna go with Kyrie, Hayward, Brown, Tatum.

Given his reputation and his age I think Hoford would be an easy choice for coaches who like that he plays "the right way" and know he doesn't have as many years as Brown and Tatum to make the team.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
If the C's are on a 60 win pace by the break they will have 4 all stars, but I actually believe it will be Big Al who will be the odd man out.  With the offensive emergence and continued growth of Tatum and Brown, he's going to have the least "sexy" numbers.  He'll be the one making the most personal sacrifices for the offense. 

So I'm gonna go with Kyrie, Hayward, Brown, Tatum.

Given his reputation and his age I think Hoford would be an easy choice for coaches who like that he plays "the right way" and know he doesn't have as many years as Brown and Tatum to make the team.
yeah barring injury I can't see any way  Horford isn't an all star if the Celtics end up with 4 of them
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I don't see Brown making an All-Star game next year. Because of the way they have to fit into two categories guards and bigs, I can't see Brown beating out a bunch of other Eastern Conference guards.

Kyrie
Lowry
Wall
Beal
Oladipo
Walker
Simmons

All those guards will have better numbers than Brown.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I don't see Brown making an All-Star game next year. Because of the way they have to fit into two categories guards and bigs, I can't see Brown beating out a bunch of other Eastern Conference guards.

Kyrie
Lowry
Wall
Beal
Oladipo
Walker
Simmons
Walker

Hey now...

But yeah, Brown has some seriously stiff competition. Not to mention reigning (if somewhat mystifying) All-Star Goran Dragic.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Kyrie
Lowry
Wall
Beal
Oladipo
Walker
Simmons
Walker

Hey now...

But yeah, Brown has some seriously stiff competition. Not to mention reigning (if somewhat mystifying) All-Star Goran Dragic.
Oops.

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
What is this, a popularity contest (ESPN voting) for a popularity contest (all star selections)?