Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 356971 times)

Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2010, 02:11:23 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I really enjoyed the 4th episode. I like how it spent most of the episode developing characters and then ended with a bang.

I wonder how many seasons they envisioned this running.

« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2010, 02:34:49 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I really enjoyed the 4th episode. I like how it spent most of the episode developing characters and then ended with a bang.

Can't believe I missed it! Does anyone know if it's on HULU (or similar)? I think they wait a week or two before they let you watch on AMC.com.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2010, 11:02:27 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Can't believe I missed it! Does anyone know if it's on HULU (or similar)? I think they wait a week or two before they let you watch on AMC.com.

I think the pilot is on hulu but nothing else is. 

This last episode started off interesting, started to lose me about halfway through with the seemingly pointless Mexican standoff (no pun intended), and then completely redeemed itself in the last 20 minutes or so when we saw what the gang had been doing, and then all hell broke loose at the camp.  My favorite episode since the pilot.

I'm curious to see if they address how the zombies got so close without setting off their can-and-string "alarm"...as quickly as they got there they might as well have teleported in.  Pretty stupid of them not to step up their security after they realized the zombies were getting closer to camp, but I'm glad we finally got to see the zombies chomping on some folks. 

« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2010, 11:13:52 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

I think the pilot is on hulu but nothing else is. 

This last episode started off interesting, started to lose me about halfway through with the seemingly pointless Mexican standoff (no pun intended), and then completely redeemed itself in the last 20 minutes or so when we saw what the gang had been doing, and then all hell broke loose at the camp.  My favorite episode since the pilot.

I'm curious to see if they address how the zombies got so close without setting off their can-and-string "alarm"...as quickly as they got there they might as well have teleported in.  Pretty stupid of them not to step up their security after they realized the zombies were getting closer to camp, but I'm glad we finally got to see the zombies chomping on some folks. 

Bleepin' Merle. I guarantee it was bleepin' Merle.

BTW, who else is really excited to Norman Reedus, better known as Murphy MacManus, playing a predominant role in which he is completely BA and not terrible? Aside from Rick, Daryl is my favorite character.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2010, 11:22:12 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Well given they comic is ongoing  think they can easily get 4 seasons out of it.

Spoiler:
Supposedly the plan is for them to arrive at the prison around the end of season two of the TV show. So that means they probably would have a whole season dealing with the prison and the Governor and all the events that happen before they're forced to abandon it.

« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2010, 11:23:42 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

Nah, seems unlikely - there were too many to fit in the van, and there was no barrier between the back area and the driver's seat.  And you can't really "herd" zombies in a specific direction, because they don't feel fear and will come right after you instead.  

Plus for all he knew his brother was still in camp - why send a horde of zombies in his direction?

BTW, who else is really excited to Norman Reedus, better known as Murphy MacManus, playing a predominant role in which he is completely BA and not terrible? Aside from Rick, Daryl is my favorite character.

I like Daryl a lot - he's not nearly as one-note as Merle and seems to be developing a little as a character too.  As much face time as he's getting he'll either be a major character for awhile or horribly murdered.  Or both.  

BTW, I saw this on another site - for pure comedy, check out the website of the actor who plays T-Dog.  Make sure speakers are on:

www.ironesingleton.com

« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2010, 11:27:27 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
I think Merle is being set up as a long term antagonist down the road.

Spoilers:
The way he lost his hand seems to be a perfect setup for him to either be the Governor or be one of the Governor's men. It'd make a lot of sense to have Merle cut off Rick's hand and feed it to zombies rather than just some jerk they just met.

« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2010, 11:37:00 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
I think Merle is being set up as a long term antagonist down the road.

Without reading your spoilers I agree...Michael Rooker is a pretty well-known character actor, so he'll be back one way or another.  Given that he's vanished without a trace it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't turn up for awhile.

I'm wondering if it was the fish fry that ultimately attracted the zombies - the camera focused on it a lot and they mentioned in Ep 2 that they're guided in part by sense of smell.  A large quantity of cooking meat could easily draw them if they were in the general area.

« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2010, 11:42:39 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
The fish fry an all the noise they've been making could have contributed to the attack. Its also pretty likely that zombies are just starting to wander out of the city. The campsite is very close to the city as demonstrated by the rescue crew getting back without too long a hike.

I wonder if zombie migration can be modeled as brownian motion? (with a herd component)

« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2010, 11:59:10 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Nah, seems unlikely - there were too many to fit in the van, and there was no barrier between the back area and the driver's seat.  And you can't really "herd" zombies in a specific direction, because they don't feel fear and will come right after you instead.  

Plus for all he knew his brother was still in camp - why send a horde of zombies in his direction?

Maybe he unwittingly led them back with the van?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2010, 01:03:22 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

I like Daryl a lot - he's not nearly as one-note as Merle and seems to be developing a little as a character too.  As much face time as he's getting he'll either be a major character for awhile or horribly murdered.  Or both.  

BTW, I saw this on another site - for pure comedy, check out the website of the actor who plays T-Dog.  Make sure speakers are on:

www.ironesingleton.com

Daryl seems like he will be around a while because is highly competent.

« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2010, 02:07:08 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Theoretically he could have just jogged back with the zombies following him, right?

« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2010, 02:21:09 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

Theoretically he could have just jogged back with the zombies following him, right?

Maybe, but that means someone else took the van, and no one noticed the one-handed delusional loudmouth redneck being chased through the camp by zombies.  He'd have to have ditched them near the camp somehow but stayed hidden from both the survivors and zombies for the whole attack.

My guess is the two are unrelated - the camp was getting complacent and sloppy (no watch, drinking beer, multiple people away from camp alone) and this was the typical zombie world consequence.

« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2010, 03:02:59 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
Yeah I'm not reading any of the spoilers, just cause I love this show.  This is like a movie that I don't want to end.  I know that this show is more about the humans than it is the zombies and I love that about it.  I think the storylines they have for the humans are awesome which makes all of the zombie killing an added awesome bonus.

I haven't read the comic or anything like that, so I'm just going on random thoughts, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Merle comes back at the very end of the season finale and thats how they keep us hanging for the second season.  I love his character.

The end scene of episode 2 where they zoom out showing him alone on the roof gave me chills, as did his acting job at the beginning of episode 3.  Unreal.

« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2010, 03:12:59 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Yeah I'm not reading any of the spoilers, just cause I love this show.  This is like a movie that I don't want to end.  I know that this show is more about the humans than it is the zombies and I love that about it.  I think the storylines they have for the humans are awesome which makes all of the zombie killing an added awesome bonus.

I haven't read the comic or anything like that, so I'm just going on random thoughts, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Merle comes back at the very end of the season finale and thats how they keep us hanging for the second season.  I love his character.

The end scene of episode 2 where they zoom out showing him alone on the roof gave me chills, as did his acting job at the beginning of episode 3.  Unreal.
Merle is a new character to the show, he's not in the comics

The spoilers are based on events of the comic, though it seems as they're keeping a lot of things the same some changes have occured. (new characters like Merle, Daryl)

I agree, that both characters have been well done. I didn't like Merle in episode two, a bit too over the top for me. But his acting since then has been excellent. Daryl has also been written in a solid manner. Hopefully they stick around in some fashion.