Author Topic: Rondo/Paul/Ingram - HOU/LAL Brawl - (All 3 suspended w/out pay)  (Read 14271 times)

Re: Rondo FIST FIGHTS CP3 after Ingram pushes harden & presses the ref
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2018, 09:15:23 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I'd need to see some footage of Rondo spitting on Paul before I'd believe Paul about it.  It sounds like a convenient excuse for him putting his finger in Rondo's face.

There's no way Rondo spat at him. CP3 is a punk and a politician.

The Nba elite don't like Rondo, he was never in their clique. We had the Wade incident in Chicago and now this with LeBron. So much for LeBron being a leader for this young team, it fell to Lance Stephenson to calm them down!!

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2018, 09:17:45 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I'd need to see some footage of Rondo spitting on Paul before I'd believe Paul about it.  It sounds like a convenient excuse for him putting his finger in Rondo's face.

There's no way Rondo spat at him. CP3 is a punk and a politician.

The Nba elite don't like Rondo, he was never in their clique. We had the Wade incident in Chicago and now this with LeBron. So much for LeBron being a leader for this young team, it fell to Lance Stephenson to calm them down!!

Hey, Lebron was out there calming people down, too. He made sure that his friend Chris was nice and calm, and isn't that what really matters?
I'm bitter.

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2018, 09:28:34 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I did not see ANY saliva leave Rondo's mouth...if it did, then it was accidental and not intentional...only a mist.

Rondo got in a good lick on CP3, though - and on the way to the locker rooms looked like CP3 had a small knot..

Better call State Farm.

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2018, 09:35:26 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I've watched so many angles and I've yet to see one of Rondo spitting. Looks like CP3 is trying to deflect blame because he's the one who made it physical.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2018, 09:41:29 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
There's something wrong with Ingram. He was looking to fight anybody for anything at all.

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2018, 09:42:22 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Rondo must be disgusted with Lebron hugging it out with his buddy CP3 instead of supporting his team during and after the fight.

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2018, 10:25:52 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

I've watched so many angles and I've yet to see one of Rondo spitting. Looks like CP3 is trying to deflect blame because he's the one who made it physical.

You CAN clearly see CP3 wipe his face before going after Rondo. Doesn’t Rondo also have a history of spitting? I don’t think it’s clear he DID do it, but it’s not clear he didn’t either. Let it go to trial I say

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2018, 10:26:48 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
saw this live, entertaining but this was my feeling

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2018, 10:32:25 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
There's something wrong with Ingram. He was looking to fight anybody for anything at all.

Yeah, he’s the real idiot here.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2018, 10:35:58 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Rondo is a kind of a maniac but he's certainly not a "hold me back" NBA instigator. I've got respect for him there.

Has there been a lot of fights early this season? The Smart/Smit scuffle in preseason, the Heat and Wizards got into it a few nights ago, now this. Is it a coincidence, am I overreacting, or is something going on?
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2018, 10:42:49 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
some are saying rondo spit at paul, I've watched a couple times and still don't see anything. is there any video out there that shows this?

either way I've been waiting for yrs. for rondo to deck paul after paul dissed rondo on tnt, glad it happened & glad it happened while he was a part of the lakers so we don't have to deal with the consequences.

also paul landed a couple of punches, weak or not it counts.

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2018, 11:03:00 AM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
I will always ride with Rondo. I can't stand CP3. Rondo didn't spit on CP3. Some are saying now that Melo did it by mistake. Anyway Ingram was the problem. Pushing Harden because he got called for a foul. We all know Harden pulls that lean into you to draw contact nonsense. He has been doing it since Ingram was in junior high. No need to start a fight over it.

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2018, 11:16:43 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

You CAN clearly see CP3 wipe his face before going after Rondo. Doesn’t Rondo also have a history of spitting? I don’t think it’s clear he DID do it, but it’s not clear he didn’t either. Let it go to trial I say

So there's video of CP3 wiping his face, but still no video of Rondo spitting? Who's to say someone else didn't spit on him accidentally - Melo is kind of close to the action. How do we know it wasn't sweat? I agree - let it go to trial. All I see is circumstantial evidence and tons of reasonable doubt.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2018, 11:19:21 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I think Lakers fans being mad at the way LeBron reacted is completely valid. He didn't try and cool off his young teammate that he is supposedly teaching - he went over to his friend on the opposing team. If Al did that if say, RWill got into a scuffle, we'd be less than impressed

I saw this totally differently. LBJ made the worst move you can ever make for a friend in that kind of melee. He held CP3 from the back and fully exposed his face. The NBA and CP3 are both lucky that idiot Ingram did not connect on that haymaker he threw at CP3. If he had connected CP3 is probably in surgery at some point, and LeBron would be partly responsible. I think he spent all that extra time with his friend to make amends for his negligence.

As for Ingram, I think he is very frustrated because he saw himself as the potential face of the franchise just a year ago and now he is totally lost in the mix and after this I think any reasonable GM will put him on the block.

1. You're giving Ingram's punching power way too much credit. You make him sound like Anderson Silvia.

2. Frustrated? He's starting, has improved significantly, is definitely not "lost in the mix", and he's a major part of their future.

lol @ point 1

As to point number 2, he was horrible last night. He looked like the worst Laker on the court at all times.

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2018, 11:24:48 AM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Part of the reason why I love Rondo is because spitting on Paul is something I totally think he's capable of doing, whether or not he actually did it.

I'm surprised, a lot of you are saying "did he spit, I don't see him spit, I don't believe he spit..."

And I'm over here thinking, "ya that sounds like something Rondo would definitely do."

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class