Author Topic: Who is your least favorite Celtic?  (Read 20133 times)

Re: Who is your least favorite Celtic?
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2016, 01:48:18 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Definitely Mark Blount.

I cringe everytime he's on the court.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2016, 01:58:06 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Vin Baker

The acquisition of his bloated body and bloated salary (4 years, $50m) basically destroyed the Pierce/Walker days.

Bill Simmons called it: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/020723
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2016, 02:11:22 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Since this is least favorite and not worst, I'll go with Evan Turner.  He is no where near the worst player, not even the current worst player but because CBS loves him so much and plays him to the detriment of our rookies, I'll go ET.

Runners up have to be Vin Baker, Marbury, Joe Johnson, and the end of Rondo was brutal.  Watching him half-ass it on defense was excruciating.  And then people would gripe about Olynyk's defense because Rondo's man was scoring over him at the rim.  Good times.  Finally, great guy, skilled player, but I have to throw Bass in there.  There is no player I actually disliked seeing in the game more than Bass.  90% was because I knew he wasn't our future so why was CBS playing him so much and the other 10% was his hands.

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2016, 02:41:50 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Raef LaFrentz -

He signified the end of the Antoine era, was only in year two of a 7 yr/$70M contract, and was just coming off a very debilitating knee injury. It's not that I hated who he was as a person, it's just that there were a hundred other players on expiring contracts out there who would have made more sense. The 1st round pick that turned into Jiri Welsch was just the icing on the cake.

It was just a very desperate move by the newly hired Ainge to rid the team of Antoine without having any real insight into the scouting of players.

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2016, 02:48:14 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 572
Eric Montross, with Acie Earl a close second. No real reason, just didn't like them.

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2016, 02:49:05 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Blount should win this going away.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2016, 02:51:13 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
no one, absolutely no one is "least favority" than marvin ""bad news" barnes.  :P

what an incredible waste of talent and other people's time.

I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2016, 03:27:22 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
Current: David Lee
Past: Too close to call since there are too many that didn't live up to they hype or were just plain Awful

Marcus Banks- I live in Vegas and though he was going to be amazing....I hated that he turned out to be awful as a Celtic

Troy Murphy
Eric Montross
Travis Knight
Dwayne Schintzius
Nervous Pervis
Mark Blount
Zan Tabak
Shelden Williams
Patrick OBryant
Mikki Moore

A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2016, 03:37:02 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I don't really consider Pitino a Celtic.

Brad Stevens might be my favorite.

Least favorite is probably D Lee.  Also Rozier has a certain pain about him when I think we could have maybe had a decent big, and instead got a redundant, and likely less good piece.

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2016, 03:47:01 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
I've only been a superfan for 10-15 years. The answer in that span is Blount, and it's not close. Ryan Hollins and Mikki Moore are on the list. I guess I just hate dudes who get on the court because of what nature gave them and then can't compete.

Right now, Sullinger makes me the angriest on a regular basis because he thinks he can do so many dang things that he can't any more now that he's a tree stump.

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2016, 04:03:27 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4592
Toss up any of these guys I disliked in the past
Blount
Fox
JO
Sheed
Kenny Anderson
Baker
Mercer
Rondo (Love hate relationship)

Current player=Sully

Most everybody mentioned in the thread I get, except for Ron Mercer.  What's up with the dislike for him?

I just remember him as a young guy who played hard and put up good numbers with the C's.  Of course that was almost 20 years ago, pre-internet boom, so maybe I'm just remembering wrong or missed the anti-Mercer talk.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2016, 04:11:04 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Toss up any of these guys I disliked in the past
Blount
Fox
JO
Sheed
Kenny Anderson
Baker
Mercer
Rondo (Love hate relationship)

Current player=Sully

Most everybody mentioned in the thread I get, except for Ron Mercer.  What's up with the dislike for him?

I just remember him as a young guy who played hard and put up good numbers with the C's.  Of course that was almost 20 years ago, pre-internet boom, so maybe I'm just remembering wrong or missed the anti-Mercer talk.

I don't know if it was much anti-Mercer talk at the time.  Although he was, more or less, the player representation of a scapegoat for the Pitino era.  Kentucky kid who Pitino had downplayed pre-draft then grabbed with the 6th pick in that infamous '97 draft.  From day one, there was a lot of pressure heaped on that kid, probably some unwarranted, after the ping pong ball frustrations and Pitino's proclamation about the backcourt for the next decade thing.   People expected him to be a star and he underwhelmed on that end, although he did put up some decent numbers for the Celtics.  Once Pierce came along and starting tearing things up, he became pretty expendable.  You could see the higher ceiling with PP.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2016, 04:45:21 PM »

Offline TheLegendaryClub

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 130
Least favorite has to be Blount. Absolutely infuriating to watch.

JO is a close runner-up though, because he didn't seem to care about the team beyond collecting a paycheck. I remember someone (can't recall who) wrote a column at the end of JO's tenure basically saying that Pierce, KG, and the other veterans couldn't stand the guy because he put in so little rehab effort and didn't even seem like he wanted to get healthy. Didn't care about the team at all.

« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2016, 04:57:48 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

JO is a close runner-up though, because he didn't seem to care about the team beyond collecting a paycheck. I remember someone (can't recall who) wrote a column at the end of JO's tenure basically saying that Pierce, KG, and the other veterans couldn't stand the guy because he put in so little rehab effort and didn't even seem like he wanted to get healthy. Didn't care about the team at all.

It was Bill Simmons when he was writing about the re-birth of the C;'s in 2012. Check it out here.

http://grantland.com/features/the-rebirth-celtics/

Then again he may not have been the only one.

« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2016, 05:10:05 PM »

Offline TheLegendaryClub

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 130

It was Bill Simmons when he was writing about the re-birth of the C;'s in 2012. Check it out here.

http://grantland.com/features/the-rebirth-celtics/

Then again he may not have been the only one.
Thanks, that's the one! Have a TP.

Jermaine finished his Celtics career as the team’s least popular player, internally, since Vin Baker. The general feeling is, “He stole money from us.” Just dumping O’Neal from the trainer’s room so the players didn’t have to disgustedly look at him anymore and wonder things like, “Wait a second, isn’t his LEFT wrist the wrist that’s hurt? He can’t play with that? Isn’t he right-handed? He’s really that big of a *****?” was probably worth a few extra wins already. It’s hard to understand why one of the league’s most thoughtful players — a real warrior once upon a time — felt good about finishing his career with his last set of teammates and coaches believing he was something of a fraud.

Pretty brutal stuff. Only played 49 games over two seasons and still had the audacity to complain about his role in the offense.  Hard for me not to hate the guy a little bit.