Author Topic: Cord cutters, how do you watch live Celtics games?  (Read 3883 times)

Cord cutters, how do you watch live Celtics games?
« on: April 21, 2020, 02:31:26 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
This quarantine has taught me how much money I am wasting on cable, so I am officially cutting the cord.
How do people watch Celtics games without CSNNE? Do they have an app to stream games or will I need to buy a Celtics NBA league pass?

Re: Cord cutters, how do you watch live Celtics games?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 05:18:46 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
This quarantine has taught me how much money I am wasting on cable, so I am officially cutting the cord.
How do people watch Celtics games without CSNNE? Do they have an app to stream games or will I need to buy a Celtics NBA league pass?

I used YouTube TV for a while  That seemed to work ok.  I cancelled it because my wife was having trouble with it!
Yup

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 05:22:17 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
I use league pass.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 08:11:35 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Sportsurge . net was my go to
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2020, 09:09:21 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
If you’re living in the New England market you won’t be able to watch Celtics games with league pass.  They’ll be blacked out bc of local tv rights
Greg

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2020, 10:01:44 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Are you fulling cutting the cord?  I use AT&T TV, which is streaming, but has live sports and channels.  Also significantly cheaper than traditional cable.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2020, 08:27:47 AM »

Online Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I recently changed over to YouTube TV and I really like it. It has unlimited DVR so as long as I put a show or sport team on my list, it automatically records it to no end. I also purchased Roku so I can have a remote and it works really well. One TV came with Roku so YouTube TV works better on that one. The one where I had to buy the device, every once in a while it would take some time for the game to load but it wasn't a big deal.

It also led me to invest on more streaming services like Netflix, Disney+ and soon, HBO Max and it will still be less than what I was paying with cable.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2020, 08:32:44 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Like Gouki, I used Sportsurge for live games and nbafullhd.com for replays.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2020, 09:18:26 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
YouTubeTV. Though, while it's technically "cord cutting" it's basically a cable package. It seems to be a little cheaper, but I still wish I could subscribe just to the nba. Because the only reason I got YouTubeTV was for basketball.

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2020, 09:21:25 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
I recently changed over to YouTube TV and I really like it. It has unlimited DVR so as long as I put a show or sport team on my list, it automatically records it to no end. I also purchased Roku so I can have a remote and it works really well. One TV came with Roku so YouTube TV works better on that one. The one where I had to buy the device, every once in a while it would take some time for the game to load but it wasn't a big deal.

It also led me to invest on more streaming services like Netflix, Disney+ and soon, HBO Max and it will still be less than what I was paying with cable.

The thing I find useful about using the different streaming services rather than cable is that it's very easy to sign up and cancel. So if there's an HBO show you want to watch, sign up for a month and then cancel. You can stagger your subscriptions so that you're not paying for all of them at the same time and that really reduces the cost.

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2020, 09:53:22 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
I installed my own secret hidden cameras in the garden.  Just have to get all the other arenas.  8)

Mostly, I use buffstreams.  It's a pirate site, so if that matters to you obviously that wouldn't be an option, but the stream quality is good (at least it is on my laptop - I don't own a tv anymore).

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2020, 11:40:52 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

The thing I find useful about using the different streaming services rather than cable is that it's very easy to sign up and cancel. So if there's an HBO show you want to watch, sign up for a month and then cancel. You can stagger your subscriptions so that you're not paying for all of them at the same time and that really reduces the cost.
AT&T TV has HBO for 5 bucks since they have common ownership (you get HBO, HBO 2, HBO Family, and HBO Latino).  Also get EPIX and CineMax in the regular package.  I think my package is like 50-60 bucks a month and I get all of the sports and kids channels I would use along with all the standard cable and locals.  It really is a lot cheaper.  I'm not in New England, so I don't get the C's unless I buy the NBA package, but I'd have to do that no matter the service I would use.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2020, 12:39:10 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

AT&T TV has HBO for 5 bucks since they have common ownership (you get HBO, HBO 2, HBO Family, and HBO Latino).  Also get EPIX and CineMax in the regular package.  I think my package is like 50-60 bucks a month and I get all of the sports and kids channels I would use along with all the standard cable and locals.  It really is a lot cheaper.  I'm not in New England, so I don't get the C's unless I buy the NBA package, but I'd have to do that no matter the service I would use.
is that the same as DirecTV Now?  I've had that a couple of times during the playoffs when the NBA goes to ESPN which isn't in my DirecTV satellite package

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2020, 12:56:12 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be

is that the same as DirecTV Now?  I've had that a couple of times during the playoffs when the NBA goes to ESPN which isn't in my DirecTV satellite package

Yeah, it changed names maybe a year or two ago.   Same platform.  I use it also. 

I like AT&T Now.  Pretty reasonable cost & you get both TNT & ESPN so you're pretty much covered outside of NBA TV if you're out of town & also use League Pass.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2020, 01:57:31 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I only rewatch Celtics beating Lakers .

These are timeless diamonds to be treasured !

They never get old  :)