Author Topic: Let's Talk Game 3  (Read 3263 times)

Re: Let's Talk Game 3
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2018, 04:57:38 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
We are close to Lebron tapping out territory. If Cs start off hot and have double digit lead going into half or early 3rd, Lebron will tap out.

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2018, 04:58:57 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Refs will be on bron side sadly

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2018, 05:36:33 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Few things:

1. Having three days off really makes game 3 like another game 1. I hope Boston approaches it like they are starting a new series on the road.

2. How much more does James have to give. 42 points and triple dub? And they still lose by 13 points? James looks flat out worn out. I expect Game 3 will be his big push..but does it matter is the other guys don't contribute?

3. Cavs got good production out of Love 22/15 and about average out of Thompson. I do not see either making drastic jumps in production

4. Korver got about what he is going to get off the bench. Only 2 guys that can improve scoring are Hill and Smith. Keep those guys under wraps..esp Smith...he is the Cavs thermometer. When he plays well they win.

5. Boston still has not gotten a great game out of Tatum. Sooner or later he will have a 20 plus point game.

I think Boston's best chance to steal a game is game 3. Going to have to play good defense and attack Cleveland. It is going to be chippy. I am afraid we see the Foster crew Saturday.

But the Cavs are putrid on defense. Boston continues to own the match ups and gets anywhere they want.

1) Role players are better at home, and I expect Cleveland's motley crew of Smith/Hill/Green/Clarkson/Nance/Hood to play a lot better, at least in the first half.

2) Lebron will probably have a bit more extra with the crowd behind him.

3) We know that Rozier is not a solid on the road, and the Cs have certainly been better at home than on the road.

4) Having said that, the Cavs defense is really awful, and the Cs defense is pretty good, and that will not change.

I am going to go with a [close] Cavs win in Game 3 and a [closer] Cs win in Game 4.

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2018, 05:43:53 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Wow.  The oddsmakers are making the Cavs a 6.5 point favorite!!!

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/las-vegas/

Are the Celtics related to Rodney Dangerfield?:-))))

Smitty77
What were the lines on games 1 and 2?  I imagine the celts were underdogs as well.  I would guess we have not been favored since game 7 against Mil.

It's not really all that strange, the Celts haven't played all that well on the road this playoffs. It would not be a shock if their role players like Rozier, Morris, and Smart were less effective than they have been at home. It also would not be a surprise if the Cavs role players played better. I think the Celts are the better team and should win the series, but I don't expect a sweep.

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2018, 05:49:58 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Smitty77

I know I always go for all my gambling needs to veganinsider!  I just think that is hilarious.

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2018, 05:28:02 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Smitty77

I know I always go for all my gambling needs to veganinsider!  I just think that is hilarious.

Lol, TP ;D.

As for Game 3, I move that we should start Baynes, put Morris back on the bench, and role with that rotation for the rest of the postseason, however long it should last.

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2018, 08:49:10 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
Whoever gets Thompson on him can go to the rim at will. TT cannot guard the driver. He has been worked over by Morris, Brown and Tatum

I do think Korver starts for JR...which would make JR meaningless off the bench.

But with Korver and TT in the line up together...the Cavs have real trouble defending Boston. LBJ does not want to defend Brown or Tatum. Hill cannot stop Rozier and Love struggled last night with the wings quickness and the bigs strength.

yeah ugly mug face korver has been abused. TT has issues defending drivers.
LET'S GO CELTICS!