Author Topic: 2018 NBA League Trade Deadline & Buyout Season Watch Thread  (Read 18441 times)

Re: 2018 NBA League Trade Deadline & Buyout Season Watch Thread
« Reply #135 on: February 08, 2018, 03:35:00 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Thank God we kept Smart.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #136 on: February 08, 2018, 03:47:37 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
At this point think Boston is going to the buyout route

Joe Johnson? I'd like him.

I was thinking that also. Just heard IT does not want to come off the bench in LA...might be bought out there

I think Magic will sit down with IT and work something out.  It’s better for both sides.

We still can't get IT back right? Does it matter if it is from another team after we traded him, or is it still a year?

If he’s waived by the Lakers he can be signed by us this season.  Which would be amazing and no one would ever trade with Danny Ainge again.  Although I think Brad should make the first phone call to recruit him if he becomes available.

Can you imagine how much better our bench would be and how much hate him and Kyrie would have vs. The Cavs in a playoff matchup-lol- I know there is a one in a million chance this would ever come to life, but hey, there is a chance. I would love nothing more then to see IT come back to Boston but I know that is as likely as winning the PowerBall.

« Reply #137 on: February 08, 2018, 03:51:22 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
It won't happen...but IT coming back to Boston would be the best thing for him and for Boston. Come off the bench...knows the system and he loves Brad.

I think he would consider it

« Reply #138 on: February 08, 2018, 03:53:10 PM »

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
So the Cavs made a bunch of moves that didn't do anything to make them better than us or the Warriors and the talking heads at ESPN are acting like they just put Bird, Magic, and MJ in a time machine and brought them back.  LOL.

« Reply #139 on: February 08, 2018, 03:53:53 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
I love the fact we held onto Smart as well. Toughness is needed in the playoffs and that man has that in spades.

« Reply #140 on: February 08, 2018, 04:02:25 PM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
It won't happen...but IT coming back to Boston would be the best thing for him and for Boston. Come off the bench...knows the system and he loves Brad.

IT wants that money.  So he needs to start and average as many PPG as he can.  IT is not looking for revenge or titles.  He wants to get paid.  Then he'll worry about winning.

« Reply #141 on: February 08, 2018, 04:11:17 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Hooray! Rather than get a potential difference-maker off the bench in a wide-open East we get to pick 28th in the draft OR have a potential asset for an Anthony Davis trade that we all know will NEVER happen... I’m annoyed by Ainge’s stinginess...

And on the other side of this, what the hell is Wallace thinking turning down Yabusele and two seconds for Evans and insisting upon a first in this market, especially after sitting him out for five games waiting on a trade? Memphis fans are ticked lol

This is the correct side of your post.  If the Celtics hadn’t gotten Monroe, I could have seen them trading a 1st for Evans using the DPE.  It still would have been an overpay.  But to trade a 1st round rookie on top of another 1st?  That wasn’t going to happen.

I would rather trade Yabu than the DPE. He’s deadweight, carrying the same 1st Round pedigree that Sully did.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #142 on: February 08, 2018, 04:26:19 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Suns acquire former first-round pick Elfrid Payton from Magic for 2nd round pick

What happened to the person who was so convinced Smart wasn't better than Payton...?  :laugh: ::) ::)

I wouldn't be worrying about him.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #143 on: February 08, 2018, 04:55:05 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Suns acquire former first-round pick Elfrid Payton from Magic for 2nd round pick

What happened to the person who was so convinced Smart wasn't better than Payton...?  :laugh: ::) ::)

If Smart could fetch better return than Elfrid Payton did today, he'd be packing his bags right now...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #144 on: February 08, 2018, 04:58:15 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

If Smart could fetch better return than Elfrid Payton did today, he'd be packing his bags right now...
I'm no Smart fan but I definitely wouldn't want us to trade Smart for a high 2nd

« Reply #145 on: February 08, 2018, 04:59:37 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

I'm no Smart fan but I definitely wouldn't want us to trade Smart for a high 2nd
And so we didn't. But if there was a first on the table, Smart would have been out of town before you can say "Elfrid Payton".
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #146 on: February 08, 2018, 05:11:30 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

And so we didn't. But if there was a first on the table, Smart would have been out of town before you can say "Elfrid Payton".

How do you figure that?

Why would the Celtics be in the market (and give up SIGNIFICANT value in Smart) for a better 1st round pick, when they wouldn't even include their own crappy 1st rounder in a trade for Evans?

It doesn't even seem like Smart's going to command much as a FA, so I can't see why we needed to dump him.  Much rather sign him to a low-risk contract and see if he blows up like Bradley, while dangling the soon to be FA Rozier in trades as a team's new starting PG.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #147 on: February 08, 2018, 05:11:30 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

Sometimes it's better to have a very high 2nd than a very low 1st.  That said, where Marcus's value is at right now and with teams' limited $ this offseason, I'm glad we kept him.  But if we don't trade our 1st later, I'll likely be annoyed we didn't get Tyreke.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #148 on: February 08, 2018, 05:16:41 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

How do you figure that?

Why would the Celtics be in the market (and give up SIGNIFICANT value in Smart) for a better 1st round pick, when they wouldn't even include their own crappy 1st rounder in a trade for Evans?

It doesn't even seem like Smart's going to command much as a FA, so I can't see why we needed to dump him.  Much rather sign him to a low-risk contract and see if he blows up like Bradley, while dangling the soon to be FA Rozier in trades as a team's new starting PG.
I figure that because it was widely reported that Smart was available for a first-rounder.

« Reply #149 on: February 08, 2018, 06:08:35 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!

IT wants that money.  So he needs to start and average as many PPG as he can.  IT is not looking for revenge or titles.  He wants to get paid.  Then he'll worry about winning.

Yep but by then he'll be just another scrub off the bench.