Author Topic: Josh McDaniels 1, Jay Cutler 0  (Read 10325 times)

Re: Josh McDaniels 1, Jay Cutler 0
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2009, 05:49:02 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Just Announced on NFL live,

Feeley to carolina,

Jeff Garcia to Philly

Derrick Brooks to bears

Pretty much confirms my theory that reid floating a one or two week turn around for the rib is crap, they wouldn't make a move like that if they thought Mcnabb would be back that soon.

They needed a bridge until Vick comes back from his suspension. 

Kolb can't give you one lousy game?

Vick's eligible after week 2. I think it's far more likely they are pulling a pats and hiding what they know is a 6+ week injury, most likely a broken rib low in his torso.
They only had two QBs on their roster, Kolb and McNabb until Vick comes back from suspension.

That means if Kolb got hurt they'd have to line up with Westbrook at QB or something nutty unless they signed a backup for week 2.

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2009, 10:02:35 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I want Thompson to be fired in the worst way and Jay didn't help matters last night >:( Oh well I will just have to live for the next few weeks listening tomy former fellow packer fans talk about how they are going to win it all. In a way I guess this makes the inevitable that much more sweet when reality sets in for them.

Aaaaaron was who I thought he was up until Chicago gave the game away.  Don't worry your Pack won't be sniffing the playoffs no matter how many people want to say Rogers is better than Favre.

On the other hand there's a decent chance that Adrian Peterson will run the Vikes into the playoffs and we'll get to see another 4 interception game from Brett followed by another off season of crying and musical retirement chairs.

Good point AP is the best RB in the league but, aaaaaaaaaaron rogers had 6 wins last year and had a ' great ' year as per the media and favre haters.

Good point
I guess after filling the shoes of Farve the expectations were so low he got a free pass

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2009, 05:04:37 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I want Thompson to be fired in the worst way and Jay didn't help matters last night >:( Oh well I will just have to live for the next few weeks listening tomy former fellow packer fans talk about how they are going to win it all. In a way I guess this makes the inevitable that much more sweet when reality sets in for them.

Aaaaaron was who I thought he was up until Chicago gave the game away.  Don't worry your Pack won't be sniffing the playoffs no matter how many people want to say Rogers is better than Favre.

On the other hand there's a decent chance that Adrian Peterson will run the Vikes into the playoffs and we'll get to see another 4 interception game from Brett followed by another off season of crying and musical retirement chairs.

Good point AP is the best RB in the league but, aaaaaaaaaaron rogers had 6 wins last year and had a ' great ' year as per the media and favre haters.

Good point
I guess after filling the shoes of Farve the expectations were so low he got a free pass
Since when is a team's record solely on their QB?

Their defense sucked, and they didn't have a solid running game for about half the year. How is any of that a reflection on Aaron Rogers?

Do you think Drew Brees isn't very good too?