Author Topic: [Bulpett] C's unwilling to give up "top draft assets" for George.  (Read 28326 times)

Re: [Bulpett] C's unwilling to give up "top draft assets" for George.
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2017, 10:25:58 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Damaged goods with bad attitude to boot, buyer beware.

You must be talking about yourself here, because that isn't an accurate description of Paul George.
I left this some place else, I'll leave it right here as well:

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2017/02/16/doyel-lets-talk-pacers-paul-george-problem/98018218/

But, by all means -- setting yourself up to be disappointed is your constitutional right.

Fwiw Doyel is an absolute Joke of a reporter.  Makes Blakely look like Woj
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2017, 10:26:01 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
This is hardly the no-brainer some make it out to be. Giving up that pick and it turning into Michael Porter while PG signs with LA next season would be a disaster for Danny Ainge.

Ainge has to be sure PG will resign with him before he gives up that pick. And I don't know how he can be. All this "he won't leave a great team" noise won't matter if Lebron convinces him to join him in their new hometown. When a guy tells you repeatedly that he wants to go to LA, maybe he means it.

Regardless, this is likely just Ainge posturing in the media in response to Indy overplaying their hand.

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2017, 10:28:47 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Well Bulpett doesn't say what top draft assets he's talking about.

If the Pacers get AB, Crowder, Zeller and  2018 Boston #1 they have to take it. That's 2 starters a big man and a #1 pick. They aren't getting that anywhere else.

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2017, 10:29:18 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1680
https://mobile.twitter.com/stevebhoop/status/880052546089496576

Because of risk of him not signing. Apparently, Indiana unwilling to allow C's to negotiate? Guess they'd perfer Julius Randle...

Kinda knew this was coming... Ainge always gets us there... and then leaves the bedroom.

Call me crazy, I still give up Crowder, Bradley and LA pick for him and hope he resigns. Gotta start taking risks with these assets.

What logical sense does this make?

Wouldn't the Pacers prefer that we convince George to stay in Boston long-term?  If we have that assurance, we're willing to give up more in the trade - potentially much more. 

If he's just a rental, he doesn't have nearly as much value.  And if we don't know for certain, we have to assume that he's a rental and adjust our trade offer accordingly.

What am I missing?

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2017, 10:34:01 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618

If the Pacers get AB, Crowder, Zeller and  2018 Boston #1 they have to take it. That's 2 starters a big man and a #1 pick. They aren't getting that anywhere else.

I think Randle, Ingram, and 2019 pick beats it
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2017, 10:35:39 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
This is hardly the no-brainer some make it out to be. Giving up that pick and it turning into Michael Porter while PG signs with LA next season would be a disaster for Danny Ainge.

Ainge has to be sure PG will resign with him before he gives up that pick. And I don't know how he can be. All this "he won't leave a great team" noise won't matter if Lebron convinces him to join him in their new hometown. When a guy tells you repeatedly that he wants to go to LA, maybe he means it.

Regardless, this is likely just Ainge posturing in the media in response to Indy overplaying their hand.
I do NOT trust PG's vocal promise because it's not worth trust, so i will never give out lottery picks for him, two starters + 3 first rounders, take it or leave it

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2017, 10:37:52 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Because of risk of him not signing. Apparently, Indiana unwilling to allow C's to negotiate? Guess they'd perfer Julius Randle...

Kinda knew this was coming... Ainge always gets us there... and then leaves the bedroom.

Call me crazy, I still give up Crowder, Bradley and LA pick for him and hope he resigns. Gotta start taking risks with these assets.

Its got to be crowder, rozier 2018 celts, 2019 memphis or clippers 1st

No way Ainge givesup the 2018 lakers pick

Pacers wont get a better offer elsewhere...

We could add the Laker/Kings pick, with conditions: If Lakers 2-5, they don't get, but if it becomes the Sacramento pick, we have 2-5 protection, and they get otherwise.  This way it has conditional value for Indy. 

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2017, 10:40:17 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

You must be talking about yourself here, because that isn't an accurate description of Paul George.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2017/02/16/doyel-lets-talk-pacers-paul-george-problem/98018218/

But, by all means -- setting yourself up to be disappointed is your constitutional right.

Fwiw Doyel is an absolute Joke of a reporter.  Makes Blakely look like Woj
Doyel is a stand up guy and his work is solid. My impression is that around New England, he's mostly disliked by guys who can't take Patriots trolling and think K&C are worth listening to.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2017, 10:41:13 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics

No way Lakers give them Ingram. Better put Clarkson instead.

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2017, 10:42:27 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
There's also a story out there that PG has talked to Klay Thompson about joining him on LA's superteam.

Unlike other detractors, I like Paul George. If we got him and GH, we'd have 4 of the top dozen or so players in the Eastern Conference. I just don't see how we can give up the LAL pick when there's such strong evidence he's heading to LA. So I wouldn't offer anything other than some vet players and the Boston/Clips picks.

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2017, 10:43:22 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125

The Lakers aren't giving up Ingram. Randle plays the same position as Turner. Why take a Lakers 2019 pick when they will have possible Bron, PG, Ball. That pick will be pretty low.

They want a point guard because they will lose Teague. Crowder gives them a starting SF on a cheap deal and the Boston pick is a 1st rounder, Ainge could throw in Rozier and or Zeller.

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2017, 10:43:29 AM »

Offline blendahtom

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 1

Its got to be crowder, rozier 2018 celts, 2019 memphis or clippers 1st

No way Ainge givesup the 2018 lakers pick

Pacers wont get a better offer elsewhere...

Agreed.

It most likely will look like.. Bradley+Crowder + (Maybe Rozier?) Bos 18 pick +  Both LAC/MEM picks.

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2017, 10:47:40 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

What a terribly written piece of trash. If that is your standard for quality journalism, well, that's explains a lot.

The bottom line is his team imploded around him due to poor management.   I'm not going to hold that against him. Plenty of athletes before him have become soured when they see their best years being wasted on a team going nowhere, with no hope of getting better. That's a fairly common, and normal, human behavior.

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2017, 10:48:01 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

I do NOT trust PG's vocal promise because it's not worth trust, so i will never give out lottery picks for him, two starters + 3 first rounders, take it or leave it
Bingo. Even if PG meant it when he told Ainge he'd stay, you never know what happens. He may not like Boston, he may not like CBS, IT could get hurt and derail the season, any number of variables.

People say "what if the player we get with the LAL pick isn't as good as PG", but truth is, there are big "ifs" on every side of this plan. Which is why all we can offer is what you mentioned.

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2017, 10:53:09 AM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52

I don't think that Zeller will be part of any deal. In order to clear enough cap space to fit a max salary (e.g. Hayward) they have to dump all the salary they can. Zeller's contract is not guaranteed for 2017, so they if they want to bring in a max free agent, they will have to cut Zeller and not pick up his salary, which means they will not have that contract to use in a trade. They need to do this by 7/2 because his salary for next season becomes guaranteed at that point.