Author Topic: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2015 Offseason REBOOT  (Read 102669 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2015 Offseason REBOOT
« Reply #225 on: September 20, 2015, 07:33:38 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I'm not undoing byennie's decisions regarding guys that almost got the league kicked off CB. Byennie is a pretty forgiving guy and he didn't do it for fun either. It was more like PSU facing the death penalty.

BFM and I have spoken briefly. He has had every opportunity to beg and cry and wail and nash teeth and say he has changed and beg forgiveness and tell us he has changed. It hasn't happened. It has been radio silence.

Further we have another GM here that he absolutely publicly attacked and there is no need for that GM to have to deal with that guy.

He also isn't on CB anymore, making it more difficult, and as byennie said, you have to do a lot to get kicked off CB.

In a year we'll probably need another GM. It is within the realm of possibility of dealing with it then.

Dennis has been on the radar for weeks and people had every opportunity to say something, and even if we did put it to a vote it's difficult to even get enough people to chime in on important stuff like a new commish.

We need to move forward and this is the way. Dennis seems active and well intentioned. He should get his shot.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 08:58:20 PM by eja117 »

« Reply #226 on: September 20, 2015, 08:03:47 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
dennis is fine with me
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #227 on: September 20, 2015, 09:31:58 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
If Dennis is BFM's replacement... do we still need one for Byennie?
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #228 on: September 21, 2015, 04:08:08 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
good question
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #229 on: September 21, 2015, 08:20:03 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
No. Byennie wants to keep his team last I heard about 2 weeks ago. He has no draft picks this time around

« Reply #230 on: September 21, 2015, 08:46:29 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
No. Byennie wants to keep his team last I heard about 2 weeks ago. He has no draft picks this time around

Glad to hear it.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #231 on: September 21, 2015, 09:14:49 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Strongly considering having the draft either Sunday Oct 4, or Sunday Oct 11. They both have pros and cons. The 4th gives us a little less heads up time for the less involved. The 11th gives us less time to make final cuts and do waivers. I think the 11th is closer to what we did last year. I'm leaning towards the 4th myself, because it gives a month to work out kinks.

« Reply #232 on: September 21, 2015, 09:26:21 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
Strongly considering having the draft either Sunday Oct 4, or Sunday Oct 11. They both have pros and cons. The 4th gives us a little less heads up time for the less involved. The 11th gives us less time to make final cuts and do waivers. I think the 11th is closer to what we did last year. I'm leaning towards the 4th myself, because it gives a month to work out kinks.

Last year was very late compared to years before. We use to draft in Sept. I vote for the earlier date, although I have no picks... yet.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #233 on: September 21, 2015, 09:28:10 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Yeah. Unless there's some sort of uproar it will probably be the 4th

« Reply #234 on: September 21, 2015, 09:28:47 AM »

• Rajon Rondo

OK, great! sorry I must have conflated the need for a new GM (for BFM's team) and commish as Byennie stepping down altogether.

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #235 on: September 21, 2015, 09:31:04 AM »

• Rajon Rondo

It's just about 2 full weeks notice -- which should be plenty in a league with active GMs.

More importantly I'd agree with your last statement --- if this is your first go-round as commish of a Yahoo league I'd give yourself as much time as possible to get it set up... (and time for Byennie to renew the league then transfer to you or allow you as co-commish...)

« Reply #236 on: September 21, 2015, 09:32:31 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Well that was actually my main concern....do we have an active league?  I don't think a week will make it any more active

« Reply #237 on: September 21, 2015, 09:33:22 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
For a VERY short time only, I will listen to offers on Gordon Hayward.

Hayward is a 25 y/o Y! eligible SG/SF who is entering his prime years. This mean he will likely improve on the 35ppg & 36ppg that he average the past two seasons. I am crazy to even think about trading a favorite of mine who will certainly enter the 40ppg level soon.

Specifically, I am looking for a high 2015 picks, a prospect that interests me, and a 2016 pick/rights-swap sort of thing.

Mk

DKC Knicks

« Reply #238 on: September 21, 2015, 10:51:17 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707

It's just about 2 full weeks notice -- which should be plenty in a league with active GMs.

More importantly I'd agree with your last statement --- if this is your first go-round as commish of a Yahoo league I'd give yourself as much time as possible to get it set up... (and time for Byennie to renew the league then transfer to you or allow you as co-commish...)

I would be happy with the draft on Sunday the 4th, and I agree with GC, giving yourself and the rest of us bums plenty of time to get our act together and into Yahoo is a good idea.

« Reply #239 on: September 21, 2015, 11:48:27 AM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 2746
  • 2012 PAPTBG & 2013 PAPOUG CHAMPION
I'm pretty busy on 10/4 but I will send a list or let you all know if I'm following and able to make my own picks. Do we have a time yet? Evening (est) works best for me.
G:Kemba,Payton,Hairston,Henderson,Lin
F:Parker,MKG,Budinger,Mirotic,Salmons
C:R.Lopez,Biyombo,Hickson
Coach: Shaka Smart
Rights to: Bog Bog