Author Topic: The Celticsblog Hall of Fame  (Read 148344 times)

Re: The Celticsblog Hall of Fame
« Reply #165 on: August 26, 2009, 11:00:17 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Yeah, what's the story behind "Roy Hobbs" Do you just love that movie?

It's a great movie, but "Roy Hobbs" is Paul Pierce's nickname among the training staff, and it's also the name he uses at hotels on the road. 

Really? haha. How'd you find that out?

A couple different articles.  I think they were both in SI, but one may have been in ESPN the Magazine.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #166 on: August 26, 2009, 11:01:29 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I would also like to think that will will have separate child boards for permanent members in the HOF that might include a brief CB biography on that person(if they care to add any real biographic information that will of course be welcomed but never expected), some of their best and most famous pots, threads, and contributions. Another child board for HOF quality posts, interviews, front page articles, threads, and so forth I think will also available. And off course their will be an interactive area for member and guest comments.    

Jeff, I know this has been asked a million times, but are any of the old forums from the old sites still available?  I know I saw some of the archived blog posts, but wasn't sure if the forums survived at all?  

« Reply #167 on: August 26, 2009, 11:02:16 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
i hope it works out and feel confident it will with nick at the helm, however, i think the chances of petty drama are high during the process.

What would Celticsblog be without petty drama?  We need something to take over now that the draft is almost concluded. ;)
I vote we put all mods in immediately. Thus paving the way for mod conspiracy drama to carry us through to opening day!

8)

We should put all mods in but one, and not tell him why he was excluded.  That would *really* cause some drama. ;)
I say we do it with Edgar, the scrolling cries for an explanation would be glorious.

« Reply #168 on: August 26, 2009, 11:03:40 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
Yeah, what's the story behind "Roy Hobbs" Do you just love that movie?

It's a great movie, but "Roy Hobbs" is Paul Pierce's nickname among the training staff, and it's also the name he uses at hotels on the road. 

Really? haha. How'd you find that out?

A couple different articles.  I think they were both in SI, but one may have been in ESPN the Magazine.

It's so weird, up until about 6 months ago I thought that was your real name. Good stuff.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #169 on: August 26, 2009, 11:04:39 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
I would also like to think that will will have separate child boards for permanent members in the HOF that might include a brief CB biography on that person(if they care to add any real biographic information that will of course be welcomed but never expected), some of their best and most famous pots, threads, and contributions. Another child board for HOF quality posts, interviews, front page articles, threads, and so forth I think will also available. And off course their will be an interactive area for member and guest comments.    

Jeff, I know this has been asked a million times, but are any of the old forums from the old sites still available?  I know I saw some of the archived blog posts, but wasn't sure if the forums survived at all?  

Yeah, I can't find a lot of my old posts from my previous poster name.

« Reply #170 on: August 26, 2009, 11:05:17 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Excessive use of scrolling text is an automatic disqualifier for ever being voted into the CBHOF.  ;D

;) Just kidding Edgar.   Or am I!!!???

« Reply #171 on: August 26, 2009, 11:06:03 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
Excessive use of scrolling text is an automatic disqualifier for ever being voted into the CBHOF.  ;D

;) Just kidding Edgar.   Or am I!!!???

Someones gotta pay for those headaches.

« Reply #172 on: August 26, 2009, 11:06:47 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

Yeah, I can't find a lot of my old posts from my previous poster name.

You want to edit that Gerald Green,Mark blount love ..huh... ;D
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #173 on: August 26, 2009, 11:12:11 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter

server issues, virus issues, and various other tragic events caused us to lose a lot of archived posts - so the short answer is no, sorry
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #174 on: August 26, 2009, 11:16:19 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

server issues, virus issues, and various other tragic events caused us to lose a lot of archived posts - so the short answer is no, sorry

OK, that's what I thought, just thought I would check though. 

« Reply #175 on: August 26, 2009, 12:07:56 PM »

Offline Champzilla

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 102
I'm 50/50 basing it on stars and TPs.  There should be a side thing for people who were here when it was celticsblog.net.  Maybe not the hall, but something.
Boston is the Greatest City in the World !!!

« Reply #176 on: August 26, 2009, 12:11:03 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
  There should be a side thing for people who were here when it was celticsblog.net.  Maybe not the hall, but something.

why  ???

someone could be the worse poster on the blog, but been here a long time.

sounds like ur attempting to get personal recognition, rather than just embracing the idea of the hall of fame, which is a celebration of the blog and others.

« Reply #177 on: August 26, 2009, 12:18:42 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
I think it is up to nick how to handle this, but if it were me I'd dedicate a wing (a thread) to statistical accomplishments (members of the 5 star club, the billion TP club, etc.)

longevity will be hard to prove though, because of the prior forum resets and stuff like that

I suppose everything is up for debate though, which is the point of the forums
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #178 on: August 26, 2009, 12:19:41 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
. . . (members of the 5 star club, the billion TP club, etc.)

What about the 25 star club?  ;)

(Give me a few days.)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #179 on: August 26, 2009, 12:27:28 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
. . . (members of the 5 star club, the billion TP club, etc.)

What about the 25 star club?  ;)

(Give me a few days.)

Is it true that everytime you get a star, an angel gets his wings?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner