Author Topic: Bulpett -- Celts and Horford Have Discussed Contract Extension  (Read 5656 times)

Re: Bulpett -- Celts and Horford Have Discussed Contract Extension
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2019, 01:30:51 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

There are no big free agents that are worth chasing at the expense of Horford/Hayward during the rookie contract windows remaining for Brown/Tatum.

Keep Horford if he is willing to stay on the 1 year or a reasonable 3 year extension. If he wants out? Well you can explore if he has a destination he can opt in and want to go to I guess, otherwise wish him well and prepare to be the 8th seed or worse.

How do you know?

Look at the upcoming FA classes, who are the targets?

If it meant letting Al go I'd want Malcolm Brogden but I think it may be possible to get both if Al signs for 20m or less.  Renounce Rozier, Theis and Morris and the may be able to get him.  May need to trade Yabu and a 1st to clear salary cap space.  I believe Brodgen fits perfectly for this team, Brads system and plays like a Celtic.  He can guard multiple positions and can play with Smart.  He's a lights out shooter as well and can make a big time shot under pressure.

PG - Brogden
SG - Brown
SF - Hayward
PF - Tatum
C - Al Horford

I love this team if this happens.  The worst defender is Tatum in this group and he's proven he can play D at times.  Brogden, Brown is a great defensive back court and Al is a very good defender as well.  Hayward if fully recovered is a good defender.  Good shooting balance in this lineup as well.  The Bench is worrisome with Smart, Baynes, Semi, Williams.  Need scorers to fill out the Bench.  They have to draft shooters and use the exceptions to find some decent players.

So you feel like Brogdon is much better than Smart?

« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2019, 01:39:38 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
If I were danny i would be careful how I approach these negotiations.
Remember that Horford left Atlanta because they refused to give him a 5th year at the then max.
I bet Al is expecting 2 year $60M + or
3 year $80M + contract.
We should go with 2 years 60M... next summer there are no free agents worth chasing except both Klutch power forwards Davis and green — no thanks on green and AD isn’t switching teams and if he were switching that means he’s the problem ( like someone that used to wear 11 in ☘️)

« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2019, 01:39:50 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Would love to get randle
Over Horford?  :(

Um yes.  We need to build for the future.
I am just imagining how people who freaked out about Kyrie's defense would feel watching Randle.

I'm of the opinion he's largely an empty calorie guy when it comes to his counting stats when he's given a starting role. His offensive numbers and energy are offset by his defensive woes.

I cannot legitimize a single comment on this board because one minute they praise a guy like IT for his offense in spite of his glaring defensive liability and another time they scoff at a young offensive talent with defensive deficiencies in defense of a middle aged player that’ll be gone in 3 years and have inhibited us from building a young team.  This site man.

People need to understand if you can have both, great, but if your core is yong and you have a coach like brad, just go all in on a youth movement.  It’s clear as day Boston needs an inside presence.  Al gives us another shooting threat from the perimeter.  Big deal if everyone is guarding the perimeter because there’s no inside threat.  I don’t think there’s a team in the league that has a less clearly defined roster where players are in the roles that best suit them.  Time to cut some of this fat.  I love al and hope he can stay but I’d rather have randle for the next 5 years then Al who’s probably gonna decline.  Stop throwing around these catch phrases like glue guys and locker room character.  Where In  the midst of a youth movement.  Push it or don’t...you can’t do both which was evident this year ::)