Author Topic: Thibodeau said he wanted to work with Marbury?  (Read 3397 times)

Thibodeau said he wanted to work with Marbury?
« on: April 24, 2008, 09:53:21 PM »

Offline im right

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 4
"I shoot close range like Danny Ainge"-Biggie Smalls

Re: Thibodeau said he wanted to work with Marbury?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 10:03:46 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Interesting article ... and claim. I wonder if this was an actual quote of something T said, or if it's an assumption? Sounds like a quote, and if so, I'd like to know what context it was in. That said, I would hope that Thibodeau would have enough class to not interview during the playoffs.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 10:10:21 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
If he goes to New York what's the over under on games before he goes from Defensive Guru to Lousy Coach?  Without a complete overhaul that team will be tough to coach.
Yup

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 10:17:14 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Interesting article ... and claim. I wonder if this was an actual quote of something T said, or if it's an assumption? Sounds like a quote, and if so, I'd like to know what context it was in. That said, I would hope that Thibodeau would have enough class to not interview during the playoffs.
Donnie Walsh has already said he hasn't asked any team for permission to talk to their coaches that's in the playoffs. He's politely asked if in the very near future could he have permission but nothing further. There was a quote in the Daily News I think.

Oh it was in the same piece as the Marbury story:
"I've talked to quite a few people, not so much that are candidates, but people about the candidates," Walsh said. "And there are some guys that I probably will call up their franchise and ask to see if I can get permission. Normally when teams are in the playoffs, teams are hesitant to do that. So I haven't really pushed that, but I will because it seems like there's an inclination they would do that. But most of the time you don't call teams up that are in the playoffs."

I'm thinking the Marbury part is completely frabricated but he should want to work with Steph, he's a good player. No longer an all-star but a good player.

I don't think Tom T has much chance of getting the Knicks job. Dolan didn't want him there after JVG resigned. Doubt that has changed. Maybe Donnie can convince him but I think convince would be the word used to describe that conversation. Long, long shot.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 10:22:33 PM by Who »