Poll

If you were Minny, which offer would you have taken?

MIA: Winslow Dragic and a draft pick
1 (11.1%)
MIA: Josh Richardson and a first round pick
1 (11.1%)
HOU: four first round picks, Brandon Knight, Marquese Chriss
6 (66.7%)
HOU: Eric Gordon, Nene, two first round picks
0 (0%)
NO: Mirotic and an unprotected first round pick
0 (0%)
PHI: Covington, Saric, 2022 2nd
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Shams details some offers for Butler (Heat, Pelicans, Rockets)  (Read 1981 times)

Re: Shams details some offers for Butler (Heat, Pelicans, Rockets)
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2018, 07:55:59 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Mirotic is probably the best player coming back to Minny in any trade, but just Mirotic and a very likely late 1st just wasn't enough. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2018, 08:11:05 PM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140
Harden and Capela are in their primes without major injury history unlike the pre KG-PP Nets, Morey's a great GM, and Thibodeau stuck on the short term (as the vast majority of coaches are) so l can see how they passed on the Rockets draft pick heavy offer.

The best packages for the short term was either the Dragic/Winslow/1st or the 6ers package. The 6ers package fits better with Covington and Saric immediately filling the 3 and 4, but I think that the Dragic upgrade over Teague would make the biggest impact. The difference of Dragic running the point would've been great for a young Timberwolves team and moving Teague to a 6th man role he's best suited for (on a team with playoff aspirations).

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2018, 08:17:05 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Harden and Capela are in their primes without major injury history unlike the pre KG-PP Nets, Morey's a great GM, and Thibodeau stuck on the short term (as the vast majority of coaches are) so l can see how they passed on the Rockets draft pick heavy offer.

The best packages for the short term was either the Dragic/Winslow/1st or the 6ers package. The 6ers package fits better with Covington and Saric immediately filling the 3 and 4, but I think that the Dragic upgrade over Teague would make the biggest impact. The difference of Dragic running the point would've been great for a young Timberwolves team and moving Teague to a 6th man role he's best suited for (on a team with playoff aspirations).
I dunno, Harden is nearing 30 and is heavily reliant on his explosive first step and his ability to stop on a dime. I can see age hurting his game. They're also crippled by Chris Paul's horrible contract. Definitely not saying the picks would be multiple top-3 picks like the Brooklyn deal, but I still think it would have been the wisest move.

Don't forget about DRose!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2018, 08:39:11 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550

The Dragic/Winslow offer says a pick not specifically a 1st so I'd assume it was a 2nd.  Covington is on a very reasonable contract for 3 more seasons.  Saric has 1 more cheap rookie season before he becomes an RFA.  Dragic has a 19M player option next season and Winslow has 2 more seasons at slightly above Covington's contract.  Money matters in Minny.