Author Topic: Oh boy - Butler to 76ers?  (Read 10100 times)

Re: Oh boy - Butler to 76ers?
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2018, 05:52:02 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Davis is not walking thru that door!! (my Pitino voice)..so we 4th best as of right now
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2018, 06:09:10 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
It is a big acquisition for end of game options in playoffs. They gave away 25 pt and 10 rebounds a game to get him but it is advantage Sixers as they desperately needed th D upgrade and all star option to take over end of game. Embiid and him as two options are going to be tough. Would expect to see his numbers go higher with Simmons feeding him.

But hey, we added Kyrie for our playoffs this year so we are more stacked then before. Should be fun action.

Jimmy Butler as a top wing defender with Embiid as a top defensive shot-blocker ... man, that is one mean defensive combination.

« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2018, 06:43:16 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
I'd like to see Philly use Ben Simmons at PF defensively. Bring in two guards to play alongside him and Jimmy Butler at SF. That would make Philly very dynamic on offense. Lots of guys who can pass and dribble. Get more motion into the offense. More movement.

I worry a bit with Simmons at guard. With Jimmy at SF. Alongside Embiid and a PF who is far less talented than Saric. Who doesn't offer Saric's ball-handling, driving, passing, shooting and overall mobility around the court. Someone who is a threat to make a play from all over the court. Stick in a less mobile (like Muscala). Someone who is more of a standstill guy.

I worry if they get enough player movement off of all the ball-handling and slashing of Jimmy Butler and Ben Simmons. I think they could become quite stagnant. Everyone standing around watching those two guys trying to make something happen. Or going into Embiid to go one-on-one inside. More one-on-one play. Less team play.

G: McConnell
G: Redick
F: Butler
F: Simmons
C: Embiid

And I think they gotta trade Fultz now. No way they can bring him along with Simmons and Jimmy Butler taking all those touches on the perimeter. And no way Fultz can play off of them with how sketchy his jump-shot is.

The Fultz situation just turned from bad to awful for both him and Philly.

They gotta make a change. Trade him for a guard who can defend and shoot. Doesn't need to be a PG. A second SG who is versatile enough to defend PGs would be perfect (to play alongside Simmons).
Wouldn't be surprised if Chandler goes into the starting lineup once he's healthy.  Doubt Fultz gets moved anytime soon but wouldn't be surprised if he goes to the bench for Redick. 

« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2018, 07:04:13 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Saric was a pain in the butt for us, so glad he’s gone. Not a big Jimmy Butler fan. He’ll help Embiid in crunch time, but Raptors remain our biggest challenge. They are far better than Philly even after this trade. Butler is not nearly the player Kawhi Leonard is. Also think the new coach if Raptors is quite good. Early candidate for coach of the year.

« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2018, 07:18:52 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365
Minnesota really screwed this up. couldve had 4 first round picks.

On the other end, The 76r's had to do something and got an all-star player. But on the other hand they have no 3 point shooting as of right now..

« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2018, 07:34:30 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550

On the other end, The 76r's had to do something and got an all-star player. But on the other hand they have no 3 point shooting as of right now..
They have Redick.  Butler is shooting 37.8% on 4.5 attempts.  Shamet, their late 1st pick, is shooting 37.9% on 4.5 attempts.  Chandler shot 35.8% last season.  Not stellar but not too bad.   

« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2018, 07:34:51 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

much less yeah.  Butler not horrible from three (i;m not sure)?  Embiid hits threes...Reddick and Chandler.  McConnel?  They really need Chandler to come back and be good after this trade.  And I think they are a bit thin up front..

« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2018, 07:59:50 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
IF philly could get a max player to join the "big 3" , i think they could trade fultz to a team with cap space, for picks, and then have enough for max slot next year  :o

« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2018, 08:21:03 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
IF philly could get a max player to join the "big 3" , i think they could trade fultz to a team with cap space, for picks, and then have enough for max slot next year  :o
Who even offers picks for Fultz at this stage though?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2018, 08:23:51 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
Who even offers picks for Fultz at this stage though?

phoenix?

« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2018, 08:24:37 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
I think you guys are seriously underestimating Fultz's value.  He has played 27 career games and was the #1 pick for a reason.  Lots of teams would acquire Fultz without giving it a second thought.  He obviously isn't getting a top 5 pick at this point, but the Sixers could quite easily move him for value and pretty decent value I think.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2018, 08:29:23 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
I think you guys are seriously underestimating Fultz's value.  He has played 27 career games and was the #1 pick for a reason.  Lots of teams would acquire Fultz without giving it a second thought.  He obviously isn't getting a top 5 pick at this point, but the Sixers could quite easily move him for value and pretty decent value I think.

i'm not, i'm just saying IF they could get a max player, it's essentially like trading fultz for a max player and a couple picks.  i think they would have to take back zero salary to get to max, it could be worth it.  (i'm assuming there is no other way to make room for a max) 

« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2018, 09:14:21 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

The 'he was the #1 pick for a reason' rational is garbage. I can name many #1 picks that flat out sucked, Anthony Bennett and Kwame Brown are just two recent examples.

« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2018, 10:32:14 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941

The 'he was the #1 pick for a reason' rational is garbage. I can name many #1 picks that flat out sucked, Anthony Bennett and Kwame Brown are just two recent examples.

I agree..I would bet all I have Fultz will never be an all star and I would bet half as much that he will be out league sometime in next five years..maybe he will be Gerald Green in the future...but I doubt it.. Okafor and him and Sully can all end up in China someday soon together

« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2018, 10:33:47 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Butler to the Sixers really doesn't worry me.

If the Celts get their act together, the East is theirs to lose.

Right now their biggest threat is themselves.