Author Topic: Who's the 14th man?  (Read 2254 times)

Re: Who's the 14th man?
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2023, 10:10:41 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I concur a big would be nice to add given Porzingas  and Rob's Injury history  and Al's age.

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2023, 10:30:28 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Learning more about Svi.  His full name is Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk and he is Ukranian.

As to his shooting, it looks like he had an off season in TOR in 2021-22 (30.6% 3PT) but has in general been a very good shooter, career 36%.  I guess he will start as 3rd string, behind Hauser, but he may prove to be better than Hauser.  I think he will benefit from focusing on a limited role, do what he does best, don't try to do any more.

It depends how you define "very good".  36% is very slightly below average.  To me, average and very good aren't synonymous.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2023, 11:27:17 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
Learning more about Svi.  His full name is Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk and he is Ukranian.

As to his shooting, it looks like he had an off season in TOR in 2021-22 (30.6% 3PT) but has in general been a very good shooter, career 36%.  I guess he will start as 3rd string, behind Hauser, but he may prove to be better than Hauser.  I think he will benefit from focusing on a limited role, do what he does best, don't try to do any more.

It depends how you define "very good".  36% is very slightly below average.  To me, average and very good aren't synonymous.

36% is his career.  He was 42% last season.  I think he will shoot closer to last season than his career.  We'll see.