Author Topic: White & Holiday Named to All-NBA Defensive 2nd Team  (Read 1152 times)

Re: White & Holiday Named to All-NBA Defensive 2nd Team
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2024, 04:17:14 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1510
Congrats to Jrue and DWhite.  Both had outstanding seasons on the def side of the ball.  I am glad they are getting recognized for their exceptional play.
We are really spoiled with our current roster, two guys on the all def teams, and possibly two guys on all-nba teams as well.   It is a fun time to be a fan.
Just gotta finish the task this year.

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2024, 04:59:23 PM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1852
NBA Communications
@NBAPR

The 2023-24 Kia NBA All-Defensive First Team:
▪️ Bam Adebayo of @MiamiHEAT
▪️ Anthony Davis of @Lakers
▪️ Rudy Gobert of @Timberwolves
▪️ Herb Jones of @PelicansNBA
▪️ Victor Wembanyama of @spurs

The 2023-24 Kia NBA All-Defensive Second Team:
▪️ Alex Caruso of @chicagobulls
▪️ Jrue Holiday of @celtics
▪️ Jaden McDaniels of @Timberwolves
▪️ Jalen Suggs of @OrlandoMagic
▪️ Derrick White of @celtics
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2024, 05:22:02 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25603
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Although positionless, it's less egregious than it could have been because there are 4 bigs, 4 guards and 2 wings between the two teams.

It's going to be harder to take in the seasons we inevitably end up with seven bigs.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2024, 07:33:43 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1397
Although positionless, it's less egregious than it could have been because there are 4 bigs, 4 guards and 2 wings between the two teams.

It's going to be harder to take in the seasons we inevitably end up with seven bigs.

I don’t think we will get to 7 bigs. Davis will turn 32 next season. Hard to think he is making the team more than 1 to 2 more yearz (especially with games played requirement). Gobert is in the same age range. Chet should make an appearance soon and maybe Embid or Gianni’s have one last run but most the up and coming defensive players seem to be guards and wings.

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2024, 11:06:08 PM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 139
Very nice - glad to see Jrue on it as many people felt he's lost a step.  It is a little strange seeing so many bigs on the first team, but I guess it makes sense that it goes to the top five regardless of position.

I think that is silly.  It's an all defensive "team".  By definition they should be selected by position - there is no team in NBA history playing 5 centers on the court.

Being the best defensive player in the league at your position is worthy of recognition. 

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2024, 11:10:53 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 608
Its surprising Herb Jones made it instead of Alvarado