Author Topic: Criticism of Kyrie  (Read 3499 times)

Re: Criticism of Kyrie
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2018, 02:02:22 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Horford was out so nobody could've stopped Wall from driving into the lane. Kyrie came into the Celtics with fans aware that he is not known for playing good D. He'll have a decent defense on some nights.

But Danny brought him in here to be the go-to guy. The scorer. The Kobe Bryant/LeBron guy or whatever you call it.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2018, 02:10:48 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I think all the OP is saying is that Kyrie didn't have to make it as difficult on himself as he did. Sure, Kyrie was brought here to score and hit big shots, I just think there were probably better percentage shots that he could have gone for. For some reason, he wanted to play hero ball in the biggest way possible - we are lucky he hit both of those shots.

« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2018, 02:14:21 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I think all the OP is saying is that Kyrie didn't have to make it as difficult on himself as he did. Sure, Kyrie was brought here to score and hit big shots, I just think there were probably better percentage shots that he could have gone for. For some reason, he wanted to play hero ball in the biggest way possible - we are lucky he hit both of those shots.
He is, but at the same time OP should understand that Kyrie is not Avery Johnson who needs 3 better offensive players than he is to create a good shot for his team. Kyrie is special.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2018, 03:51:10 PM »

Online jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
He is, but at the same time OP should understand that Kyrie is not Avery Johnson who needs 3 better offensive players than he is to create a good shot for his team. Kyrie is special.

I am the OP and I agree with the prior comment.
I know Kyrie is special, nothing anybody is saying or has said on this forum is going to make me believe that taking a three from five feet beyond the arc with the game on the line with 18 seconds or so left on the shot clock was a smart play. He was 3-10 from 3 before he shot that, he wasn't really pulling a Klay Thompson from outside all game.

« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2018, 04:09:10 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Here's my criticism of Kyrie: I think he's still figuring out how to be a leader, and sometimes he hits the wrong notes with teammates, or sometimes teammates don't respond the way he wants them to, and he seems to only have one way of dealing with that and it involves him getting buckets.

"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2018, 04:49:18 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
We're a very hard to please fanbase, that's for sure  :laugh:

He has the ball in his hands at the end with the game on the line the same way LeBum or KD or Steph has it, because he's proven over his career that he can hit those clutch shots. That's what differentiates alpha scorers, they want the ball in their hands with the game on the line. Sure if he missed we'd be slagging him off today for taking low percentage shots, but the fact is he didn't, and over the course of his career he's tended to make those shots.

Just because he took the big shot doesn't mean that someone else can't or that he disrespects his teammates abilities. Other nights other players have shined in the late game, he was feeling it last night. Also he had a great drive and dish to Tatum just before the last play in regulation. I feel like he's actually been a lot more selfless this year, his assists are up and there's been games where he's scored 3 points, 13 points, 11 points and given the ball up at the death.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2018, 06:24:28 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

I know Kyrie is special, nothing anybody is saying or has said on this forum is going to make me believe that taking a three from five feet beyond the arc with the game on the line with 18 seconds or so left on the shot clock was a smart play. He was 3-10 from 3 before he shot that, he wasn't really pulling a Klay Thompson from outside all game.

Some guys are just a different breed.
If Dame, Curry, Klay and a few others took it, I'd be OK with it. It was an uncontested shot and their range is almost unlimited. We disagree, just like I would agree that a 16 footer hook shot is not an example of good shot selection, untill I saw Kareem. Then it becomes a good shot.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2018, 06:31:29 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Some guys are just a different breed.
If Dame, Curry, Klay and a few others took it, I'd be OK with it. It was an uncontested shot and their range is almost unlimited. We disagree, just like I would agree that a 16 footer hook shot is not an example of good shot selection, untill I saw Kareem. Then it becomes a good shot.
Kyrie made a very similar three pointer earlier in the game. I think people forget that. Kyrie from straight on has 28 to 30 foot range.