Around the League > Transaction Ideas and Rumors

Is a Horford trade possible?

(1/6) > >>

slightly biased bias fan:
If the Celtics get their man in Davis this offseason I truely believe that Davis makes Horford redundant. Horford has already admitted he hates playing centre, he isn't a high level rebounder or a super physical player and given we already have Hayward as a max guy and possibly soon to be max guys in Irving and Davis, so having Horford making max money doesn't make sense. IMO Baynes is the perfect guy next to Davis just like he was next to Duncan for the Spurs, so the question remains...can Horford be traded? To trade Al you would have to convince him to opt in to his player option knowing he would then be traded and given the cap room around the league he may make more on the open market but if there was a contender that couldn't get him in free agency a trade that would then shift assets to New Orleans in a Davis deal would make sense.

ederson:
The only way this happens is if the gets to contend with the next team . I don't think he does any favours to go play in MEM or PHO for example

Celtics4ever:
He won't agree to that, would you in his shoes?    He holds the cards in terms of opting in and out and will do what is best for him.

ederson:

--- Quote from: Celtics4ever on February 13, 2019, 05:56:27 AM ---He won't agree to that, would you in his shoes?    He holds the cards in terms of opting in and out and will do what is best for him.

--- End quote ---

If you are asking me no i wouldn't .... I'd like him to do it though :D

Big333223:
The "Horford doesn't like playing center" is incredibly overstated. He played center the entire time he was in Atlanta. He's played center most of this season. He played center just last night against Embiid and had his best game of the season. Horford doesn't mind playing center. One time he expressed a preference to PF and that resulted in years of "Horford hates playing center!" It's not actually true.

As for Davis, I think he and Horford would have no trouble co-existing. If Horford isn't needed to facilitate the trade for Davis, I assume he'd stay.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version