Around the League > Transaction Ideas and Rumors

I'm Keeping An Eye On Avery Bradley

(1/10) > >>

Big333223:
Avery Bradley just got sent to Memphis, who is going into tank mode. Bradley has a team option for $13 mil next year. If Memphis declines the option and Avery goes into free agency after a disappointing year in LA and Memphis, I'll have my eye on him this summer.

He doesn't have pg skills and he wouldn't start for this Celtic team but he's a great locker room guy, can still turn on the defensive juice, and hit 3's (although he's been bad this year). Depending on who's still on the team come free agency, I wouldn't mind having Avery around again.

Fafnir:
No thanks, he looks cooked.

RJ87:

--- Quote from: Fafnir on February 08, 2019, 11:41:46 AM ---No thanks, he looks cooked.

--- End quote ---

Agreed. Nostalgia aside, it would be a waste of the roster spot.

moiso:
Bradley looks over the hill at age 28.  His PER is less than 6 and he's shooting like 38% from the field.  How would this guy help us?

Monkhouse:

--- Quote from: Big333223 on February 08, 2019, 11:38:48 AM ---Avery Bradley just got sent to Memphis, who is going into tank mode. Bradley has a team option for $13 mil next year. If Memphis declines the option and Avery goes into free agency after a disappointing year in LA and Memphis, I'll have my eye on him this summer.

He doesn't have pg skills and he wouldn't start for this Celtic team but he's a great locker room guy, can still turn on the defensive juice, and hit 3's (although he's been bad this year). Depending on who's still on the team come free agency, I wouldn't mind having Avery around again.

--- End quote ---

2 years ago, when we were in the cusp of Hayward sweepstakes, I advocated strongly that keeping Smart over Bradley would prove to be more fruitful for us.

My logic and reasoning was that Smart shown countless times he can guard out of his positions from 1-4, and even 5 sparingly. While Smart had some questionable injuries and history dating back to highschool and college, he was far far more durable than Bradley. While his shooting % was very low and terrible, I also mentioned Bradley took long or contested mid range jump shots, (one of the worst shots in basketball,) and eventually learned to step back or shoot from 3P line.

While he was once the defensive menace on man to man pressure, (his defense was always overrated,) he was never able to average high steals, not great at team defense, and was too small to pressure on switches. LBJ feasted on him in the playoffs, whenever they switched. His passing never improved, or his handles, and while his DRB jumped to 23% its original averages, it probably didn't help the team, and I would wager to guess we probably did worse in games that he led the team in rebounding.

His shooting is probably attributed to his adamant injuries over the course of his career, and while he looks to be entering his prime, he's actually had two of his worst seasons to a point where teams like the Clippers/Grizzlies/Pistons, (who quite desperately needed 3 & D guard,) are quite frankly; looking to move on from his contract without a moments hesitation. Even the voice of reason, and infatuated head coach Doc Rivers couldn't placate enough proof to the front office that he should've been kept on the roster.

It is a sad fall from grace, and watching AB get tossed around hurts. I would be willing to take a chance on him though, honestly.

It is pretty telling that Clippers were the only suitors

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version