Author Topic: Nice work, guys  (Read 4916 times)

Re: Nice work, guys
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2012, 10:34:21 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
This game really makes me feel that the closing lineup in the playoffs should usually be Rondo, Garnett, Pierce, Green, and Bradley.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2012, 10:34:53 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
You people need to understand Pierce played 45 minutes. Its tough. When shots don't go in, you start to lose faith in it and when you are tired like crazy the way Pierce was with those many minutes, its bad. Add to that the fact that refs made some extremely questionable calls and Pierce did not get a single call for all the times he was fouled.

Its easy to just blame people for how bad they played, but you have to look at all the factors.

Stop, he came out shooting poorly. Its not like he started the game at 45mins. He missed alot of those shots when he was still fresh. Pierce has been shooting poorly all year long.

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2012, 10:36:58 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
This game really makes me feel that the closing lineup in the playoffs should usually be Rondo, Garnett, Pierce, Green, and Bradley.

To quote a former NFL coach -- "Playoffs?" "Playoffs?"   ;D

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2012, 10:45:35 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Rondo slips. How many times do guys SLIP?!? Only with the Celtics.

Rondo seemed to slip a lot last year. At some point in time he needs to maybe try different shoes or something.

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2012, 10:46:45 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Indeed, a good game from Green, and from Rondo and KG.

I liked Sully's rebounding as well. Lee had an up and down game but at least he's staying aggressive.

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2012, 10:48:59 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
o please, this is a make or miss league. I'm not worried about a game like this.

At least I'm seeing some things to be optimistic about.

1. Jeff Green finally being aggressive and cutting more often now, and I think he had a block? GOOD SIGN

2. I saw somewhere in the game where Sully RIPPED down a rebound, and then again shortly after.

3. Lee didn't produce but hey, he hustled.

its a make or miss league. On any given night, Terry or Pierce would've made 1 or 2 more threes.

Personally, I think its just a mistake on KG's part, should've taken a turnaround jumper but instead chose to give it to Rondo

not a big deal, on to tomorrow's game

You're right that there were some encouraging things in this game, especially Green's play, and you're right that it's a make-or-miss league, but I don't think someone should be on the floor when he's missed THAT many shots, as Terry did tonight. There's also no excuse for Pierce missing an open layup. And yeah, I'd rather have KG taking that last shot than Rondo.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2012, 10:54:10 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
We doubled their turnovers...

That's the ball game.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2012, 11:31:18 PM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
Was Barbosa ill tonight? I don't recall seeing him in the game at any point, and we could've used an offensive booster with the way Jet was shooting.

Why was Rondo the receiver of the inbounds pass in the fourth with the game tied? KG deferring to him at the end offensively was an appropriate nail in the coffin. I just feel like Rondo should only be in the game to pass the ball in for his court vision.

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2012, 07:08:56 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I've seen enough of lee. You do not shoot an air ball for the game winning shot. package him with sully and melo /picks for gortat.

There is a reason Courtney Lee has bounced around the league, playing on his 4th team in 5 years. 

But give him a little more time.  He is playing so bad vs. his historical production, shooting 26% from 3 right now, career 38% shooter.  All his other stats are in line, even his minutes for the most part.

He is just lacking confidence right now from 3.  That airball was the low point of his season for sure.

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2012, 07:37:25 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I just want them to trade Brandon Bass.

I just want them to quit being sloppy with the ball, which is the reason they lose many of these games. 20-plus turnovers is not going to create many wins.

I just want them to get another big guy who can play.

I just want Jared Sullinger to be in the starting lineup. His defense cannot be much worse than that of Bass, and he gives them so much more in every other phase of the game.

I want to say that Jeff Green might finally be getting it and I have to praise his play over the last two-plus weeks.

I am so tired of this being a mediocre team that has really only beaten a couple of teams with a pulse this year.

I cannot believe how far behind the Knicks they are already.

I'm with you, Vinnie. I've made a concerted effort this season to be patient, to hold my tongue, to keep my emotions in check, because of all the new guys and because the Cs, over the last couple years, have had a tendency to take their sweet ol' time getting things into high gear.

I even sat patiently throughout the abomination that was their game against Brooklyn last week—the first NBA game I'd ever been to.

But after witnessing the end of tonight's game ... I couldn't hold it in any longer. Thus this thread, which I admit was entirely knee-jerk on my part, but also, I feel, well deserved.

This team has been turnover-prone through the New Big Three era, and it must stop.

Pierce missing a layup, an OPEN layup.

Lee airballing a 3, AIRBALLING.

Rondo—not only does he slip on the final shot, but why in the world is HE taking the final shot anyway?!?

And why was Terry even still in the game in OT? If a guy doesn't have it on a given night, he doesn't have it (listening, Doc?).

Get it together, guys.

I prefer Terry over Lee, even when Terry is not shooting well.  Terry is known for being clutch and I don't think you give up on a clutch guy for a guy who is known for being just the opposite.  Lee is terrible with the game on the line.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2012, 07:41:29 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
BTW, why didn't Green get that last shot?  He was the only one hitting 3s? ???
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2012, 07:51:26 AM »

Offline Kuberski1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26

That's the ball game.

This. 

The 9 turnover gap equates to about 9 points - Should have never come to missed shots and Rondo's slip at the end of regulation/OT.  We held then under 38% shooting, and still lost.

Execution matters, and we still have a ways to go on both ends of the floor to meet the standards we have set when we have played well during the past few years, though the defense has been better recently.

FWIW, though Terry had a horrid shooting night, and Lee whiffed from the corner, neither of them had one of our 18 turnovers last night. 
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 07:58:37 AM by Kuberski1 »

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2012, 09:42:55 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
funny nobody here mentions free throws. There is no excuse for all the misses we have from the line. NONE. NADA. ZILCH. Hey doc do your job and correct this aberration.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2012, 10:15:00 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

That's the ball game.

This. 

The 9 turnover gap equates to about 9 points - Should have never come to missed shots and Rondo's slip at the end of regulation/OT.  We held then under 38% shooting, and still lost.

Execution matters, and we still have a ways to go on both ends of the floor to meet the standards we have set when we have played well during the past few years, though the defense has been better recently.

FWIW, though Terry had a horrid shooting night, and Lee whiffed from the corner, neither of them had one of our 18 turnovers last night.
Yes this.  Turnovers usually decide the game.  Only through a great defensive effort did they get back in the game, but it shouldn't have come to that. Turnovers in the 3rd and 4th quarter were killers.

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2012, 10:18:23 AM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 42
Anyone that watched this game and couldn't figure out the outcome is kidding themselves. Hooray Celts, playing up to expectations and talent level. A 500 team. I thought they'd be better, at least 5 or 6th spot but maybe 6 or 7 now. If Bradley comes back and ignites the Team it would be uncharacteristic for a player out so long. he will take 20 games just to get up to NBA speed. He is our only hope of improving. Unless a trade takes place.